Water............

JonnyP

Oct 17, 2005
Cornwall...
Can I encourage everyone who has a garden, to put out some water for the birds and regulary top it up. A shallow bowl will do the trick.
Cheers.............Jon

Reactions: andyn

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Jon Pickett said:
Can I encourage everyone who has a garden, to put out some water for the birds and regulary top it up. A shallow bowl will do the trick.
Cheers.............Jon

Spot on Jon - although young fellah seemed to prefer the dish under the plant pot :D

blackbirdnr8.jpg

Red

leon-b

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
May 31, 2006
Who knows
at the bottom of our garden we have a few conifer trees in one of them there is a nest and i regulary see birds going in, i will put out a bit of water for them
leon

JonnyP

Oct 17, 2005
Cornwall...
leon-b said:
at the bottom of our garden we have a few conifer trees in one of them there is a nest and i regulary see birds going in, i will put out a bit of water for them
leon
Nice one Leon........

leon-b

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
May 31, 2006
Who knows
when it starts to rain alot i will just put out a dish which will collect water for them, but for now due to the weather i will put out a dish of water for them
leon

JonnyP

Oct 17, 2005
Cornwall...
leon-b said:
when it starts to rain alot i will just put out a dish which will collect water for them, but for now due to the weather i will put out a dish of water for them
leon
Good on yer.........You may even get mammals using it as well.........

JonnyP

Oct 17, 2005
Cornwall...
leon-b said:
shall i leave it on the floor or on a table
leon
Probably best on the floor and in an open area, where the birds have a good round view to see if predators are around, so they will feel safer........

ArkAngel

Native
May 16, 2006
North Yorkshire
Consider it done..

We have four containers out year round, a few inches deep with two sloping rocks to use as ramps should anything fall in.

Everything uses it from birds to cats, my uncles dogs to ducks having a little swim! We often find frogs in there too and fortunatley none have ever laid frogspawn in there :eek:

JonnyP

Oct 17, 2005
Cornwall...
ArkAngel said:
Consider it done..

We have four containers out year round, a few inches deep with two sloping rocks to use as ramps should anything fall in.

Everything uses it from birds to cats, my uncles dogs to ducks having a little swim! We often find frogs in there too and fortunatley none have ever laid frogspawn in there :eek:

Excellent.........I saw a blackbird using a small waterfall on a water feature at work the other day, looked like he had a big grin on his face as he washed and drank...........

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE