Water Resistant Pouch(s) – Quick & Easy.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Jaeger

Dec 3, 2014
United Kingdom
Aye Up All,

Some may be familiar with the 1990’s issue Swiss army water resistant webbing equipment. I have been using elements it for a number of years. It is a very similar in design to the former Brit issue ’58 pattern but lighter, doesn’t soak up moisture and is easy to clean. (It isn’t as high intensity flash-burn resistant but fire sparks have proven no problem). The kidney pouches are great for stowing a larger amount of kit, I use them mainly for tech equipment and as BC admin pouch but I have also trial-ed one as a (realistic sized!) PSK container. The large pack (which anyone who has ever had to lug a fully loaded ’58 pattern version around for any distance will tell you is naff, so I wouldn’t worry too much about buying a Swiss type and dis-assembling it!) can be cannibalised to provide 2 ready made smaller pouches and with only a very small amount of easy fettling - an attachment method for either waist or rucksack belt. The remaining material can be used to create any other carrier as required – i.e. canteen set and filter, GPS stowage/protector etc. The beauty is you also get appropriately coloured straps, buckles, cord locks etc and with some to spare for other projects.

Swisspouch(vi).jpg Swisspouch(i).jpg Swisspouch(ii).jpg Swisspouch(iii).jpg Swisspouch(iv).jpg Swisspouch(v).jpg

Attachments

• Swisspouch(vi).jpg
    Swisspouch(vi).jpg
    13.7 KB · Views: 18

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE