Watch and Enjoy!!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Johnnyboy1971

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 24, 2010
Yorkshire
Many thanks for sharing that. True craftsman at one with his tools, would love to see this done in the flesh
mesmerising

bojit

Native
Aug 7, 2010
Edinburgh
Cheers Gill , that was well worth watching and a very nice looking axe .
I really like his workshop but do you think he had a big tidy up before filming ?

Craig..........

Biker

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
For some bizarre reason that website you linked me to made the film clip judder as it was shown, however youtube came to the rescue wth the exact same film, as well as several other clips of that fella's work.

Truly fascinating. I wonder what he like doing the best? Blacksmithing, the woodwork or the leather crafting afterwards... I'm assuming it was the same fella. Anyway thanks for sharing. Love seeing that sort of stuff.

Angus Og

Nov 6, 2004
Glasgow
For some bizarre reason that website you linked me to made the film clip judder as it was shown, however youtube came to the rescue wth the exact same film, as well as several other clips of that fella's work.

Truly fascinating. I wonder what he like doing the best? Blacksmithing, the woodwork or the leather crafting afterwards... I'm assuming it was the same fella. Anyway thanks for sharing. Love seeing that sort of stuff.

http://www.facebook.com/neemantools

adestu

Native
Jan 19, 2010
swindon
i'll never grow tired of watching this kind of thing.theres another one but after the axe is made its handed to a guy who makes part of a log cabin.

Huon

Native
May 12, 2004
Spain
Fantastic!!!
Even though slightly romanticised I was mesmorised, too...

I'm not sure that it was particularly romanticised. As part of sorting out an order I've had a fair amount of email correspondence with the guy behind the video (also the wood and leather worker) Apparently the forge is a family one and belonged to the grandfather of the current owner. The log cabin in the handle and leather-working part of the video is one that was restored by the woodworking part of the duo.

Huon

Native
May 12, 2004
Spain
Just got around to watching this, absolutely brilliant, thanks.
:)

You are obviously pressed for time ;)

To save you having to hunt here's a link to another one from the same guy that is also worth watching.

[video=vimeo;17360574]Log Cabin Restoration[/video]

Nov 29, 2004
Scotland
You are obviously pressed for time ;)

To save you having to hunt here's a link to another one from the same guy that is also worth watching.

Thanks for that, another entertaining watch, anyone who enjoyed 'Alone in the Wilderness' or the 'Grand Designs Woodsman's Cottage' will appreciate this.

Time, I'm always about five days behind on everything these days. :)

Huon

Native
May 12, 2004
Spain
I know what you mean. The poster of the "Birth of a Tool" and the "Cottage restoration" videos in this thread has also uploaded one of the Grand Designs episodes featuring Ben Law's woodland cottage.

A person's video channel gives a lot of insight into their thoughts and motivations. The text on the cottage restoration appears to be a poem. It'd be interesting to read it but my Latvian is non-existent and Google translate does it no favours.

MSkiba

Settler
Aug 11, 2010
North West
Wow, Im in love with his work! Ive noticed he treats metal and wood with beeswax and linseed oil. Any procedure to this or just melt and mix the two ? Boiled linseed? Might be a question for robin wood this one.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE