Waste and Dishonour

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

boatman

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 20, 2007
Cornwall
Do you believe that there are "No new taxes"?

Do you believe the Liberal Democrats have abolished student loans?

Do you beleve Bill Clinton ....(actually thats complete question)?

Of course people lie deliberately...they do it all the time.....from the youngest child caught with a cat and a razor who proclaims "it wasn't me" to the most cynical politician who tells deliberate lies (please feel free to use the phrase "manifesto promises" if you prefer).

Do I accept that "there are no deliberate liars"? No, I do not, there is a mountain of evidence to the contrary and to believe otherwise, one must have been trampled on the head by a passing unicorn.

Oh dear! Deliberately misunderstanding again. I meant on this forum, I would hope. But then this is a rhetorical trick you have Red. You get personal then airily indicate that you are talking of the world in general. Then you can feel superior with comments such as " taking umbrage" and "untruthfulness".

Shame because after our little flurry I thought we might return to discussing rather than scoring, something I would like to do else this forum becomes a waste of time for me and any others unfortunate enough to open our posts.

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Boatman, just write what you mean. You write odd things, then object when they are corrected. You take exception to things that people have not written. Why not just write what you mean (if you mean "there are no deliberate liars on this forum", then say that - I will still disagree with you - there are plentiful examples of people who have lied on here). As for other peoples posts, why not just respond to what they write, rather than things you think they mean that they didn't write?

As for rhetoric - as the ancient Greeks understood - grammar, logic and rhetoric are the three cornerstones of discussion and debate. Incorrect grammar, illogical emotion and inability to persuade are all unhelpful in equal measure - is there a lesson there that might help in your discourse?

There is any easy solution for me - the ignore list. I suggest you also avail yourself of it.

boatman

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 20, 2007
Cornwall
Boatman, just write what you mean. You write odd things, then object when they are corrected. You take exception to things that people have not written. Why not just write what you mean (if you mean "there are no deliberate liars on this forum", then say that - I will still disagree with you - there are plentiful examples of people who have lied on here). As for other peoples posts, why not just respond to what they write, rather than things you think they mean that they didn't write?

As for rhetoric - as the ancient Greeks understood - grammar, logic and rhetoric are the three cornerstones of discussion and debate. Incorrect grammar, illogical emotion and inability to persuade are all unhelpful in equal measure - is there a lesson there that might help in your discourse?

There is any easy solution for me - the ignore list. I suggest you also avail yourself of it.

Well, I tried.

Andy BB

Apr 19, 2010
Hampshire
Actually, I must admit to having used money in the past for ..er..sanitary purposes (although the banknotes in question were worth about a penny each - so literally spending a penny in that case:) ) So money can have an intrinsic value on occasions.

However, DO NOT try this in Thailand. They take their Royalty very seriously there. I once saw an American marine get knifed in a Pattaya bar for being flash and lighting his cigar with a Thai 50baht note (and all notes have the King's face on it)

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
There are those who say, "Money cain't buy happiness." Obviously they've never been to a pet shop or a Nevada brothel.

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
I think money on its own is useless.

Not really poppet, one tends to be happier when you have some dosh to hand. As Spike Milligan once commented he was a much happier manic depressive when he had cash in the bank.

So while money can't buy you love...it can cheer you up a tad.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE