Warning to UK dog owners..

spandit

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 6, 2011
East Sussex, UK
Our dog nearly died from it and he's got permanent lung damage as a result. Doesn't slow him down though (cocker spaniel!)

treadlightly

Jan 29, 2007
Powys
I think Advocate is the one that treats lungworm and possibly protects against it but best to check it out.

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
Yeah, Advocate is the one; one of the few prophylactic meds. for Lungworm - trouble is you can't use it with Advantix, which is the only thing I've found that deals with the tick problem..................
Whaddya do?...............................atb mac

treadlightly

Jan 29, 2007
Powys
Yeah, Advocate is the one; one of the few prophylactic meds. for Lungworm - trouble is you can't use it with Advantix, which is the only thing I've found that deals with the tick problem..................
Whaddya do?...............................atb mac

No but given that ticks do not normally infect dogs with Lyme's and lungworm can be fatal better to go for Advocate imho.

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
I agree - I used to use the Advantix right through to Oct. as the tick thing here is a real pain, but I've only used it for the worst two months. I use the Advocate for the rest of the time as it's other huge advantage is that it deals very efficiently with all the mites, especially Demodex, which is also a major problem in our woods, people here seem to think this is to do with the number of wild pigs but I'm not sure if there's any truth in this.

luckylee

On a new Journey
Aug 24, 2010
birmingham
my staffie has been having problems due to lung worm, its not nice to see your wrenching his little lungs out all the time.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE