Warbonnet Blackbird Hammock?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Gailainne

Life Member
Rich (Shewie) bought my Blackbird and said he watched them crawl thru the mesh one night, I never noticed them getting thru. Its noseem btw, not mosquito netting. Shewie actually sent midge netting to Brandon to get a special Blackbird made using it. I don't know if he's used it in anger yet. Permethrin is the answer if you have any doubts.

Shambling Shaman

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
May 1, 2006
In The Wild
www.mindsetcentral.com
Rich (Shewie) bought my Blackbird and said he watched them crawl thru the mesh one night, I never noticed them getting thru. Its noseem btw, not mosquito netting. Shewie actually sent midge netting to Brandon to get a special Blackbird made using it. I don't know if he's used it in anger yet. Permethrin is the answer if you have any doubts.

Thanks, seen one in a vid, but looks like i will stick with the DD.

bivibish

Jun 24, 2010
Scotland
Hi i have a wbbb dble layer in dark grey , and havent had any issues using it on a week in high midge season , i currently own a tenth wonder grey hornet and dd hammock and to be honest out of them all i reach for the dd the most when bushcrafting , on the west highland way i take the wbbb and my ula ohm pack but the best kit is imho a dd hammock and berghaus vulcan and your set.
Hope this helps

The Big Lebowski

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 11, 2010
Sunny Wales!
The only way to describe is I had a tenth wonder hornet for a year and a half...
although a great hammock, being tall I would sometimes wake up with knee lock (painful knees due to no support under them due to the natural curve of the hammock). Since buying one of Neils UK hammock WBBB variants/alternatives off the forum, I get the best nights sleep in it. The footbox and Assymetricallay lay make it an almost flat sleep.

I went to bed at 11 the first night, and woke up at 11. A genuine first. Buy what works for you :) A good nights sleep is priceless.

Last edited:

bivibish

Jun 24, 2010
Scotland
3metre tarp is fine , I use a dd one and I have the adjustable webbing on my wbbb it's so easy to setup and loads of webbing as well although just make sure to put a quick release knot behind the sinch buckle , wouldn't like to use less than 3 metres with my wbbb however.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE