WANTED To Borrow, or Swap, Walden Pond by Thoreau

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
If you dont want to part with it, could I borrow it? Im a quick reader.

I have lots to swap if you wish to be rid of it

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
Dont you have a local library Tengu? They can order books in from other libraries. And of course they are free.

oldtimer

Sep 27, 2005
Oxfordshire and Pyrenees-Orientales, France
In general I'm a bit of a technophobe and hate things that are likely to run out of battery and then become deadweight in my pack when travelling. My wife makes me carry a mobile phone and I do use a basic GPS since I got lost because of a faulty map (bad workman blames his tools).

However, I happily carry the Kindle I was given for my 70th birthday. I have a huge library on it, including all Thoreau's works. The Kindle saves me from running out of reading material and has plenty of bushcrafty reference stuff too.

Herbert Read, the great art educationist, who had been a soldier in WW1, compiled a one-volume book for WW2 servicemen with a vast range of content and called it,appropriately, "The Knapsack". I carried this for some time but eventually found it stale and Read was trying to achieve the impossible in finding content that all would want. My Kindle has all I want and can be edited and changed. And nobody wants to borrow any of the books on it!

I'm a convert. I wonder what Thoreau would have made of it, ("Beware any undertaking requiring new Technology" perhaps?)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE