Wanted Wanted old school Svord Drop Point

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

rowen

Jul 8, 2004
Derbyshire
As above I’m after one of the older blonde/white handled drop point hunters.
Mine was stolen when my shed was broken into, I hadn’t used it in ages and now I’m finding I’m missing it
I have loads to trade and the cash if that’s what you prefer but a trade would be preferable, I have too much kit!

Cheers, Russ

Countryman

Native
Jun 26, 2013
North Dorset
If you want something really special I have one with a kiwi greenstone jade handle stamped for the millennium and signed by the maker and owner of Svord.

It’s a lovely thing but sits in my drawer.

PM if it sounds up your street.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Countryman

Native
Jun 26, 2013
North Dorset
No problem. I’m not a collector eIther but I bought this travelling in NZ back in 2000. I haven’t used it and it deserves a better owner.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rowen

Jul 8, 2004
Derbyshire
Bit of a bump for this, hoping there is one out there, forgotten, unloved, needing a new home……and preferably in great condition

Corso

Aug 13, 2007
none
do you mean one of these

I had one in the lighter wood - they stopped making them in that handle material a good while ago

The wood was quite soft compaired to the Mahogany they now use

it had a bit of an odd tang about it - sort of 3 quarter rat tail but with the back exposed

The blade itself stops pretty much at the handle at the cutting edge, I didn't like the balance and didn't feel it was as robust as a wooden handled Mora, coupled with it being a pig to sharpen I moved it on.

SVODPnw.jpg

rowen

Jul 8, 2004
Derbyshire
Thats the one!
I loved mine when i had sorted the edge, only ever needed to be stropped to be back shaving sharp. I used it mainly for camp chores, prepping small game, splitting wood, feather sticks, carving forgotten pegs and cooking. It went all over with me, my better half has just seen the pic you posted and said you have one of those so I think it must have been in the kitchen or camper at sometime.
I have read the reviews of the ones on sale now and people mention they seem to have changed the heat treatment as there not as good, hence why im after a older one.
Love the wooden handled mora too, although mine has a leather wrap around its handle and the sheath

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE