Wanted Group Buy DD Hammock

scanker

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 15, 2005
Cardiff, South Wales
I'm no expert, but the group buy hammock and a DD hammock are two different things. Can you clarify what you want and what you have to swap?

Chainsaw

Native
Jul 23, 2007
Central Scotland
I've got one and a 3x3 tarp (they're great!) but go to the website, there's a contact link on there. Penny is pretty responsive but I'd have no idea how interested she'd be in a group buy (note no affilliation just a happy camper blah, blah)

There are 2 types of hammock, I'd recommend the travel hammock with the mozzie (and midgie) net.

Cheers,

Alan

Chainsaw

Native
Jul 23, 2007
Central Scotland
yep it's pretty big, check my blog for some piccies. I had the tarp at quite a steep angle as I was expecting rain but if you flattened it out there would be tons of room for a wee chair.

Cheers,

Alan

Chainsaw

Native
Jul 23, 2007
Central Scotland
buy now, they're the mutts nuts! :D

The only down side is that I think they may be a trifle heavy due to the material chosen. I prefer the heavyweight material rather than a really lightweight stuff but everyone has there own preferences

cheers,

Alan

Greg

Jul 16, 2006
Pembrokeshire
buy now, they're the mutts nuts! :D

The only down side is that I think they may be a trifle heavy due to the material chosen. I prefer the heavyweight material rather than a really lightweight stuff but everyone has there own preferences

cheers,

Alan

The Tarps, how small do they pack down to? Any chance of a comparison photo please?

Cheers

Greg

Chainsaw

Native
Jul 23, 2007
Central Scotland
Apologies (hit the $orry problem!) greg missed this one,

You're right the products page has changed but there is still a link from the gallery page to DD Tarp 2 (the 3x3) and a bunch of definitely 3x3 tarps. I checked my paypal receipt and it was for a tarp 2 @ 25quid

I can only assume they're out of stock, which is a bit of a bummer. Email the link and ask penny, she usually gets back within 24hrs

Lodian,

I don't know if you can get them cheaper but I seem to remember seeing them on Ebay and also in one of the online outdoor stores but I don't know which one and I don't know what the price was like. If you're definitely wanting a 3x3 I'd pay an extra couple of quid to secure one from a shop's stock, escpecially if DD are not supplying for the moment.

Cheers,

Alan

Ahjno

Vice-Adminral
Admin
Aug 9, 2004
Rotterdam (NL)
www.bushcraftuk.com
DD Travel hammocks (the ones with a mossie net) start at 30 GBP on E-bay. I think if they (DD hammocks) are happy to join with this price (or negotiate a lower ;) - maybe dep. on the amount of orders placed on here ... ) - it would be worth to do a GB.

Still interested! :D

(Or is it changed into a tarp buy?)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE