Wanted;Frost River Bison Pack.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Bagheera

Forager
Jan 8, 2004
The Netherlands
home.kabelfoon.nl
I downloaded both "large" photo's of the pack and the second one which shows the back with the shoulder straps shows some abnormal stitching? just above left (11 o'clock) of the lower shoulder straps buckle.
I can't quiet figure out what it is, it doesn't look like a photo artifact more like a part of the seam that is there has a "loose" stitch ?

I was thinking of bidding on it but when I looked a second time it was like over 110 GBP and I just looked and it now is nearing 140 GBP !!! way over my play budget.

cheers,

Bagheera

Bushmeister

Tenderfoot
Oct 20, 2005
Leicestershire
You think that's nice?!? Check this out!:

http://www.casstrom.co.uk/index.php..._id=26&zenid=8a8b1658a0ce4fe15c4e39aeb4e888d2

index.php

malley

Nov 17, 2008
Northumberland
The Frost-River went for £160.

Anyone make this sort of thing in the UK?

Bushmeister - they look great. Really DEER tho'! ( sorry ).

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
If you are after an old school pack, try this one:

http://www.genuinearmysurplus.co.uk/pages/products/detail/rowid=679

Phone up before hand and tell them you are after a first rate one as you will be using it a lot and they will get you a decent one out, best of what they have. Take a look around on the internet and see the over inflated prices of this bag, up to 20 quid in some places. there is a version that has basically had some hip kids badge sewn onto this bag that has inflated the price to over 100 bucks!

They are good bags, very comfy IMO and the leather work and canvas is a traditional look. This bag is spoken of in old classical camping books and you will be surprised how much you can load into them. If you do go for one (at six quid what do you have to lose?) then you will need to restore the leather a bit. It will be quite stiff so you need to supple it up a bit by running the leather back and forth over a smooth rounded spar or pole and then wax, oil or saddle soap the leather to nourish it. It will take about twenty or thirty minutes to get it in tip top condition ready for use, you can even use Grangers' wax on the canvas to proof that up a bit. Try them, it's a nice bag, but phone first. Also, there is a Norwegian version that has external side pockets too, if you like then you can ask and they may send you one of those instead. They are very similar bags to the Swedish one, just a few extra straps and pockets.

Jacko

Life Member
Aug 3, 2004
SHROPSHIRE
Cheers John for the look at yours down at the moot(and the advice) and sorry Malley that did not get a chance to actually see you there!?:eek:

robevs73

Maker
Sep 17, 2008
llanelli
thanks noddy i like the swiss army pack. may get one . i have been thinking of getting 2 old army kit bags and making my own reto woods pack, just a bit bigger than my nesmuk bison pack with a few small aditions.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE