WANTED Big bench vice

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
Need one for our Crannog centre projects.

Has anyone one to spare? I will think up something in return.

Shipping is going to be a problem; I will pay for a courier.

MrEd

Life Member
Feb 18, 2010
Surrey/Sussex
www.thetimechamber.co.uk
Need one for our Crannog centre projects.

Has anyone one to spare? I will think up something in return.

Shipping is going to be a problem; I will pay for a courier.
I don’t have one but I am driving up to Scotland to collect some bees early June - the car on the way up will be empty so if anyone can donate one down south I am happy to bring it up to Scotland in the boot of the car for you

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
I don’t have one but I am driving up to Scotland to collect some bees early June - the car on the way up will be empty so if anyone can donate one down south I am happy to bring it up to Scotland in the boot of the car for you

I'm going go have to ask - You live in Surrey / Sussex

8/6 hours of Driving and circa 900 miles

What makes these Bee's so special?

Irn-bru Honey??

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
I have a Record 52 if that sort of vice is suitable. Based in Chichester if someone can get to me for it. Mounts under the bench rather than on top if that makes a difference
Chichester. You must be my closest member. We were in Singleton for 11 yrs, then East Dean for a few months, now in north Midhurst temporarily.

Been out in the woods at West Stoke and Cocking today photographing Bluebells, then along to Houghton tomorrow to see what’s about by the Arun.

Can‘t help with the vise Tengu, though happy to collect from rarms and be a Sussex - Surrey go between. I’m almost in Surrey, Haslemere is about 5 miles north of here.

slowworm

May 8, 2008
Devon
Chichester. You must be my closest member. We were in Singleton for 11 yrs, then East Dean for a few months, now in north Midhurst temporarily.
If I'd known that I'd have asked you about the diversions.

I'm also curios about the bees.

As for the vice, looking in the local auctions might be a good idea as they often don't go for much and shipping from elsewhere will be expensive.

Reactions: MrEd

MrEd

Life Member
Feb 18, 2010
Surrey/Sussex
www.thetimechamber.co.uk
I'm going go have to ask - You live in Surrey / Sussex

8/6 hours of Driving and circa 900 miles

What makes these Bee's so special?

Irn-bru Honey??
Free bees basically. A half colony down south runs to about £280. My apiary buddies father is a bee farmer in Scotland and he is giving us as many full hives as we can fit in a van - we are setting up a large apiary down in East Sussex and want to use his bees which have been bred for temperament and honey production. He has hundreds of hives and said we can have as many as we want! So the cost of fuel etc is less than if we were to buy the same volume of bees down south. The other thing is we know the husbandry, care and disease state of his bees so they are a ‘known’ quantity.

Yes it’s a long way. We are staying in a travelodge halfway lol. It’s more like 11 hours driving!!!! I was going to go in the defender with a trailer but decided that that’s a bit much tbh!

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
Free bees basically. A half colony down south runs to about £280. My apiary buddies father is a bee farmer in Scotland and he is giving us as many full hives as we can fit in a van - we are setting up a large apiary down in East Sussex and want to use his bees which have been bred for temperament and honey production. He has hundreds of hives and said we can have as many as we want! So the cost of fuel etc is less than if we were to buy the same volume of bees down south. The other thing is we know the husbandry, care and disease state of his bees so they are a ‘known’ quantity.

Yes it’s a long way. We are staying in a travelodge halfway lol. It’s more like 11 hours driving!!!! I was going to go in the defender with a trailer but decided that that’s a bit much tbh!

Great luck with the venture. Sounds amazing!

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
If I'd known that I'd have asked you about the diversions.
It’s a massive PITA, north to south or vice versa takes ages. March 16th was the date of the fire at The Angel and the main road through is still closed. Still looks exactly like this, bar the smoke.

IMG_2144.jpeg

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Why not try the local car boot sales, @Tengu ?
The one at Errol's a fair size.
and it's every Sunday.
The one at St.Johnstone's football ground, is the last of the Month.

Reactions: Dogoak

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
Hang on.

Bees, Mr Ed? We are planning on hives for the Forest Garden.

Can you see your way to some occupied hives for the Crannog Centre?

demographic

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 15, 2005
-------------
Do you mean a woodworkers vice or a metalworkers vice?
There's significant differences although one way to mount a metalworking vice to a bench is to fasten it onto a timber cleat and hold that cleat in a woodworkers vice.

That way you can have a permanently mounted woodworkers vice and fit/remove a metalworking vice at will.

MrEd

Life Member
Feb 18, 2010
Surrey/Sussex
www.thetimechamber.co.uk
Hang on.

Bees, Mr Ed? We are planning on hives for the Forest Garden.

Can you see your way to some occupied hives for the Crannog Centre?
I probably could, or atleast put you in touch with the bee farmer - I live down south so couldn’t tend them but I am sure you could sort that locally. Let me ask and see if they will give you some

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
Vices, Yes, I do know the difference and did check; Wood is preferred but really any will do.

Bees, yes please Mr Ed.

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
Hi guys.

I found one today in the local Thrift shop.

Metal, rather than wood, and needs a bit of TLC.

(But its possible that another would not go amiss).

Reactions: Toddy and MrEd

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
Hi guys.

I found one today in the local Thrift shop.

Metal, rather than wood, and needs a bit of TLC.

(But its possible that another would not go amiss).
If you want that Record 52 that @rarms has then I can pick it up easy enough and get it to MrEd.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE