Wallaby Island

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

coln18

Native
Aug 10, 2009
Loch Lomond, Scotland
For the general information of everyone, i believe Stuart69 slipped me a wee pill in my drink and thats why i was in bed that long, nothing to do with all the tiger beer! I also think Stuart had taken 16 of those wee sleeping pills the previous day cause i only seen him out of his scratcher for about 10 minutes that day!!!

As for the beach looking like a D-Day landing with canoes, if that was the case i would still be circling the Normandy beaches just now, what with my amateur paddling skills, someone farted 10 miles away and it was enough wind to send me in a circle for about 20 minutes in the narrows.

But many thanks to all who came, Andy1, Andy2, Josh, big Tony, Stuart, Stevie, Jason, Richie (who abandoned me, but at least he didnt ram me like Stevie got), A cracking bunch of guys, who all had a great sense of humour, many thanks for a good laugh guys...

See you all soon

Col....

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Great weekend guys, it was good to meet some new faces again.

Sorry to Gill and Tam for not making it back round on Friday night but it looks like you had a nice chilled time anyway.

Some great pics though guys, just need to see those mentalists coming down the loch with those bothy bag sails now.

Next one is for a caption competition I think

P1010288.jpg

Yes there's room for two in a Duluth XL bedroll :rolleyes:

Stuart69

On a new journey
Jul 7, 2008
Glasgow
just need to see those mentalists coming down the loch with those bothy bag sails now.

Here's one I took, zoom on my camera's not great. I think Steven and Josh took more. This is before he started standing up :eek:

P1010304-1.jpg

Yes there's room for two in a Duluth XL bedroll :lmao:

scrogger

Native
Sep 16, 2008
east yorkshire
Great weekend guys, it was good to meet some new faces again.

Sorry to Gill and Tam for not making it back round on Friday night but it looks like you had a nice chilled time anyway.

Some great pics though guys, just need to see those mentalists coming down the loch with those bothy bag sails now.

Yes there's room for two in a Duluth XL bedroll :rolleyes:

Thats where that wallaby was!!! lmao!!

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Apologies to Andy, Tony, Col and Jason for going AWOL on Sunday and missing you when you left. I was just coming up through the narrows though as you crossed to the other island so I sat and watched you both get round the point.

Very sensible of you Andy for sticking to the shore, I hear it was fairly calm when you set off ?

Thanks for the giggles Col, you and Jason make a great double act.
You guys didn't look to be having it easy on the way home behind Andy and Tony, if you try to go in a straight line though mate you'll get there quicker ;) Military paddling at it's finest. Left Right Left Right

scrogger

Native
Sep 16, 2008
east yorkshire
It was ok really a few broadside swells made it interesting But Tonys big power strokes pushed us through. The old Charles river actually felt quite comfortable to be honest . It was pretty calm as we set off then the wind picked up a bit and the water got a tad lumpy but its what makes it all the more interesting.

I left a message for you mate on your mobile. I got home just after 10 pm, was a reasonable drive back.

Ditto with the apology I didnt like shooting of without saying bye but it was nice and calm at the point so we thought crack on.

Was a great weekend but its going to cost me money AGAIN!!! at least Col will get the blame this time ...................... wheres that duluth link??? lol

Looking forward to the next one.

Andy

coln18

Native
Aug 10, 2009
Loch Lomond, Scotland
Ohhhh that looks nice Rich, that will look really good with a nice wee duluth bed roll tucked under the lid!

Just be careful mate, because i hear a rumour that when you use a traditional canvas backpack when canoeing, it can cause severe circling, and with that backpack you could be out there for hours. LOL.....

Col....

scrogger

Native
Sep 16, 2008
east yorkshire
tsk tsk! Rich you have no will power!

I will have to wait at lease until my birthday on the 15th......... then its a trip to Tamarack:drive::drive::drive:...:red:

Roll on April!!!

Andy

stuart f

Jan 19, 2004
Hawick, Scottish Borders
Looks like a good time had by all,Tam that Wallaby with those eyes looks bloody scary,it reminds me of the B horror movie of the 70s,Zoltan the hound of Dracula,its eyes lit up like that too,you perhaps have'nt taken to sleeping by day and have a taste for biting young nubile ladies necks? :eek: :D.

Coln,did you and Jason try out your hooks,oh wheres my thinking you were on fresh water,no whales!!!! :lmao: :red:

Cracking pics though.

Cheers Stuart.

Barn Owl

Old Age Punk
Apr 10, 2007
Ayrshire
Looks like a good time had by all,Tam that Wallaby with those eyes looks bloody scary,it reminds me of the B horror movie of the 70s,Zoltan the hound of Dracula,its eyes lit up like that too,you perhaps have'nt taken to sleeping by day and have a taste for biting young nubile ladies necks? :eek: :D.

Coln,did you and Jason try out your hooks,oh wheres my thinking you were on fresh water,no whales!!!! :lmao: :red:

Cracking pics though.

Cheers Stuart.

Well it's not for the lack of trying Stuart:lmao:

Wonder if I'd get a grant to make a film...Walter the vampire wallaby?

Dec 18, 2008
Durham.
Some lovely pics there guys, I doubt I'll have any different ones to add but I'll have a look.
Hello again to Tam and Gill, looks like you chose well to stay put the second night.

Stuart, that first pic, HOW DARE YOU ... :)

Thanks to everyone there for making a good trip of it.

Cheers.

Stuart69

On a new journey
Jul 7, 2008
Glasgow
Stuart, that first pic, HOW DARE YOU ... :)

I know, I feel really bad about posting that now :naughty:

Nah, who am I trying to kid, I should have taken one with the time he did eventually get up :lmao:

Sorry Colin but you did start this mate :D

I'm just relieved no-one has any pics of me going for a swim :rofl:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE