Wallaby Island

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Barn Owl

Old Age Punk
Apr 10, 2007
Ayrshire
Gill and I had a couple of nights out on L Lomond.
149.jpg

115.jpg

117.jpg

119.jpg

jungle_re

Settler
Oct 6, 2008
Cotswolds
Nice one bud. Love to do that this summer. Cheap flights to Bristol bud if you facny joining the derby outcast at one of our meets

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Nice :approve:
I did wonder what you were up to :)

Good to see the wallabies back to being inquisitive too :cool:

Thanks for sharing.

atb,
M

coln18

Native
Aug 10, 2009
Loch Lomond, Scotland
Sorry we missed you this weekend Tam, i think Jason and i saw you paddling away just as we arrived on Saturday morning. The rest of the boys had a great time on Saturday/Sunday, although the Journey back to Adlochy was very interesting in the canoe on Sunday afternoon (canoe newbie and waves dont mix to well)

Nice pics mate and catch you next time!

P.S nice trick, how did you get your canoe paddles to fly like that all on their own?

Col..

Last edited:

jungle_re

Settler
Oct 6, 2008
Cotswolds
nah bud not managed to get the boat north of the border yet. Plans are afoot by some friends to do the caladonian canel for a week back end of may but im uncertain of work comitments as i might still be in saudi then. Your welcome down anytime bud, i can pick yo upa t the airport on route to the site so its no dramas. Be lucky to get as good as weather as last time

Barn Owl

Old Age Punk
Apr 10, 2007
Ayrshire
Sorry we missed you this weekend Tam, i think Jason and i saw you paddling away just as we arrived on Saturday morning. The rest of the boys had a great time on Saturday/Sunday, although the Journey back to Adlochy was very interesting in the canoe on Sunday afternoon (canoe newbie and waves dont mix to well)

Nice pics mate and catch you next time!

P.S nice trick, how did you get your canoe paddles to fly like that all on their own?

Col..

Aye pity we missed but we had domestic duties this weekend tae.
I thought the paddlin' wis great,jist lie back and let Gill dae it:lmao:

Nah,did my share(I hope).

scrogger

Native
Sep 16, 2008
east yorkshire
Nice to meet you guys, great pics. As we got to the other side of the island I think the wind changed!!! Was a great weekend I am sure pics of our venture will follow. Col followed us back to the cars in Aldochlay on what was a fairly bumpy bit of water on Sunday afternoon which made it all that much more fun..

Once again nice to meet you guys look forward to the next one.

Andy

Chainsaw

Native
Jul 23, 2007
Central Scotland
nice one guys, from the photos, looks like the weather was pretty good! We had real trouble spotting wallabies last time we were over, beginning of March, usually you're tripping over them!! Heard that the numbers had been thinned...?

Cheers,

Alan

Grooveski

Native
Aug 9, 2005
Glasgow
Great photos guys. That's a handy looking map case, is that off the shelf or a home made affair?

My lasting memory of the weekend will be staring up at the 'chute:rolleyes:. Thanks to everyone for looking after me and for all the painkillers.
(my back went twang on the first night and was out until this morning when it thankfuly wasn't too bad for the paddle back)

Was a gas meeting all the folk I'd not met before and good to see the usual suspects again. No doubt be seeing you all again soon. :)

IMG_2711.jpg

IMG_2716.jpg

:)
Josh

Barn Owl

Old Age Punk
Apr 10, 2007
Ayrshire
We had two Wallabys at camp,one had Gills morning rolls nearly away.

We had great weather on Fri evening,and a beautiful Sat morning.
A wee bit choppy on the way back to the van but great paddling out on Thurs and off the isle,up the narrows on Sat.

Pity we weren't together but looking forward to the next time.

Stuart69

On a new journey
Jul 7, 2008
Glasgow
Brilliant weekend guys, I had a great time :D

Here's a few of my pics, I've got loads but don't want to overload the forum :)

I'll post this one first, you all know why :lmao:

P1010286.jpg

'nuff said :cool:

Next one is for a caption competition I think

P1010288.jpg

P1010255.jpg

P1010256.jpg

P1010260.jpg

P1010262.jpg

P1010317.jpg

P1010303.jpg

P1010252.jpg

P1010263.jpg

P1010283.jpg

P1010284.jpg

P1010267.jpg

P1010271.jpg

P1010273.jpg

P1010314.jpg

P1010306.jpg

P1010280.jpg

P1010292.jpg

P1010307.jpg

P1010321.jpg

P1010324.jpg

P1010293.jpg

gsfgaz

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 19, 2009
Hamilton... scotland
Brilliant pics lad's , I wish i could have been there for the party, cracking set up, looked like a braw weekend , great set up wi the parachute and tarps. Heading up this weekend if anyone is interested, we will be going over saturday morning, and leaving on sunday evening. I'm really looking forward to it. mon the weekend

Last edited:

scrogger

Native
Sep 16, 2008
east yorkshire
Excellent pics Stu, when did all the snow arrive on the mountains they were not covered like that when we left?

Good to meet you aswell mate.

glad to see you got that picture of Col I cant believe he stayed in bed soooooooooooo long and demanded to have beer poured down his neck by his man servant!! Still he looked happy didnt he, I wonder what he was doing with his hands:rolleyes:

Great trip guys thanks for the good company its always well worth the long drive when the company is so good.

Andy

Last edited:

Stuart69

On a new journey
Jul 7, 2008
Glasgow
I slept under the chute last night and woke to all the snow on the hills. Rich said it had been raining during the night but I was out cold and never heard a thing (even slept through Andy's snoring :) )

Stuart69

On a new journey
Jul 7, 2008
Glasgow
glad to see you got that picture of Col I cant believe he stayed in bed soooooooooooo long and demanded to have beer poured down his neck by his man servant!! Still he looked happy didnt he, I wonder what he was doing with his hands:rolleyes:

I'm saying nothing about those pics ;)

Stuart69

On a new journey
Jul 7, 2008
Glasgow
I'd had a busy week and needed a recharge, that's my excuse anyway :)

The crossing was fine. The water was really calm and hardly any wind when we left this morning.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE