walking stick

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

philaw

Settler
Nov 27, 2004
Hull, East Yorkshire, UK.
I've never done it before, but round these parts we use epoxy resin for everything! :) Araldite is easy to fine in the shops.

Combine that with a dowel/ pin and you should be onto a winner.

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Take a piece of 8mm threaded rod. Drill vertically down into the shaft. Do the same upwards into the antler and fix it all with epoxy resin. The transition of shape is easier manged if you insert a piece of wood or buffalo horn wider than both in between them. When the glue has dried, you can shape this piece (a collar) to ensure a smooth flow from stick to headpiece

Red

leon-b

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
May 31, 2006
Who knows
i have just started a walking stick today and i used a bolt with the head cut off and epoxy, hopefully that should be fairly secure
leon

H

Heathenpeddler

I've got the antler, just need a good staff to stick it on :p

This is something I really need too, I've Tourettes and the tics are making me lose balance these days :(

leon-b

May 31, 2006
Who knows
heres a couple of pics of the one i have started making, at the moment it has one coat of clear varnish on it, how much coats would you guys say i need to put on ?
here it is before varnishing
walkingstick001bs5.jpg

walkingstick002zx9.jpg

leon

leon-b

May 31, 2006
Who knows
im going to give it a few just to make shore as it will be used outside
leon

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE