Walking stick selection

huntersforge

Oct 14, 2006
southern scotland
I cut some hazel and birch from my permission a few winters ago and have finally got round to turning them into something useful. After a bit of straightening,sanding and a few coats of walnut varnish they should be good for a few years.
The stalking sticks at the end have turned out better than expected so they will be replacing my naff aluminium and foam ones.

DSCF0507.jpg

DSCF0508.jpg

DSCF0506.jpg

Wook

Settler
Jun 24, 2012
Angus, Scotland
How are you going to shoe them? Brass cap? Spikey thingy? Rubber foot?

I've often considered making my own walking stick but it's having them shod that I've been unsure about.

fishfish

Jul 29, 2007
wiltshire
I love the look of the honeysuckle twist, makes for a great stick, that!

i second that,really nice example!
Me too, I keep looking for something similar but have not found anything growing round about here yet................... one day

just a tip: get out this winter and wrap a wire round a few hazels,spread them out,i have gone back on year 1 or 2 and found some lucky begger has found them and helped themselves! lol

Andy T

Settler
Sep 8, 2010
Stoke on Trent.
Those are some very nice sticks. Here's a couple i've just finished before they go off to be sold. I did think abut keeping the curly one but i have enough sticks.The one on the left is hazel with two paracord turks head knots and a button compass in the top. The curly stick is ash with a hawthorn v.
puppies and sticks 013.jpgpuppies and sticks 014.jpg

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE