Walk About 2

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

CanRanger

Tenderfoot
May 1, 2004
Canada
home.cogeco.ca
HI Guys been busy like crazy working long hours at the factory lately but I have had a chance to do a little knife work just thought I would drop in and say hi and show you my latest version of the walkabout. After talking with J.J. Magnum who has the first one I made a few changes as to his suggestion for some extra length. It just took a really long time to ge the chance to do them.

w2.jpg

The handle is my own custom made urban Camo layup.

w2a.jpg

w2b.jpg

w2c.jpg

Stats are as is:
Walk About II
O-1 1/4
flat ground
Handle material is my own custom made Urban camo
Overall 11 13/16 inches
blade 6 3/8 inches

Goes to show you customer feed back is useful uit can make a difference

Abe

sargey

Mod
Mod
Member of Bushcraft UK Academy
Sep 11, 2003
cheltenham, glos
looking good, it's a wonder that more full flat ground knives aren't available, given all the advantages it offers.

cheers, and.

oldsoldier

Forager
Jan 29, 2007
MA
Nice work! I agree with Draven, it does look VERY bowie like, which is one of my personal fave styles for a knife. Excellent work.

Draven

Native
Jul 8, 2006
Scotland
oldsoldier said:
Nice work! I agree with Draven, it does look VERY bowie like, which is one of my personal fave styles for a knife. Excellent work.
I'm quite fond of the Bowie profile myself, though I definitely prefer the look of this one - full flat grind (which I haven't seen much on Bowies) so it'll be good for slicing, thick stock so it should still be pretty strong, no cross guard to hurt the hands or get in the way when doing food prep, looks like a good strong point too, as opposed to the insane clips on a lot of bowies. Words really can't describe how cool I think this knife is :D

J. J. Magnum

Feb 28, 2006
USA
Abe makes a superior knife. As he stated we discussed the project after I had tested the original. I really liked the original but I felt that the balance could be improved by the addition of an inch or so to the blade. The point design is perfect for boring a hole in a fire board. You get real control from Abe's handle designs. In fact he makes some of the best handles I've used; always long enough and always comfortable (no hot spots).

For a look at the original Walkabout and its test...

http://www.bushcraftuk.com/community/showthread.php?t=16845&highlight=Walkabout

Abe :You_Rock_

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE