Wæshael

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
To the lord of the kingdom, first of the East-Danes,
Bade him be blithesome when beer was a-flowing,
Lief to his liegemen; he lustily tasted
Of banquet and beaker, battle-famed ruler.

1362976062_84c100f618_o.jpg

1362080291_5c6935944d_o.jpg

Wæshael Eric!

Thank you for my horn - the mead beckons (I seem to have come over all "Wayland") :)

Red

H

Heathenpeddler

A good meadhorn does that to you BR :D I remember when I made mine...

Mike Ameling

Need to contact Admin...
Jan 18, 2007
Iowa U.S.A.
www.angelfire.com
Tis a fine drinking horn - be it mead or beer!

And the best part? You can't put it down until it's EMPTY!

But then the "civilized" world lopped the pointy end off, put a plug bottom in it, and turned it into a ... cup.

That itself was cause enough for my kin of yore to raid those western and southern shores - leaving red hair in their wake!

So drink hearty, and hoist a toast to those who live forever ... in the Halls of Valhalla!

Mikey - out chasing the neighbors cow for a new mug out here in the Hinterlands of Vineland

Longstrider

Settler
Sep 6, 2005
South Northants
Nice ! Fill it and drain it well Red. Enjoy your 'sup' and be well. :beerchug:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I wonder if this little phrase will find it's way into Bushcraft Lore ? It ought to, it's so..... well.... right somehow ! :lmao:

" I seem to have come over all "Wayland" :) "

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

gregorach

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 15, 2005
Edinburgh
Bright was the horn
In the hall of Eiddyn;
With pomp was he invited
To the feast of the intoxicating mead;
He drank the beverage of wine
At the meeting of the reapers;
He drank transparent wine,
With a daring purpose.

Slainte!

British Red

Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Bright was the horn
In the hall of Eiddyn;
With pomp was he invited
To the feast of the intoxicating mead;
He drank the beverage of wine
At the meeting of the reapers;
He drank transparent wine,
With a daring purpose.

Slainte!
The Gododdin! I'm impressed! :)

þancung geférrǽden

Tis a lovely thing - we are lucky to have Eric amongst us. I may have to invent a new drink to christen it - I have a gallon of balckberry brandy on the go right now and some two year old spiced mead. Neads a name though since its not quite "Stags Breath"

"Squirrel Stunner"?

or

Given its likely look "Bucks Blood" ;)

Red

I may have to invent a new drink to christen it - I have a gallon of balckberry brandy on the go right now and some two year old spiced mead. Neads a name though since its not quite "Stags Breath"

"Squirrel Stunner"?

or

Given its likely look "Bucks Blood" ;)

Red

We make a drink we call 'Red Mist' with one part of mead liqueur and one part of Bilberry liqueur. Pour carefully so they stay almost in layers and prepare to hiccup quitely to yourself in a corner for most of the evening

British Red

Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
I'm more impressed that you recognised it! :) Although I can't read it in the original, and I have no idea what your second line means... ;)
Its just "Thanks my friends" in Old English (Saxon) :)

I like older (post Roman pre Norman) history - one of the more interesting periods in British History to me - a great melting pot of cultures and daring.

I like the sound of the "Red Mist" Sally!

My problem is I'm still not drinking with the post op drugs - and I'm filling the shed up too quick this time of year without depleting it in turn :(

I'm sure I'll have volunteers to assist though ;)

Red

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE