volcano stove

spiritwalker

Native
Jun 22, 2009
wirral
i was playing with my volcano stove in the garden last night (havent used it out and about yet) first time i used a trangia burner which was good second time i used hexamine again good recently tried the triad stove which was crap the stove runs out of juice before the water boils. Anyways back on track i was using it how its meant to be used last night i have a nice dry wood store which i use for my wood burner so the twigs i used were bone dry. I used a little birch bark twigs and a pine cone to light up which took a spark and got going no bother but the amount of smoke produced at start up was horrific any ideas why? i had to put it out as i would have smoked the neighbours out. Any ideas / tips to get it smokeless or relatively smokeless

drewdunnrespect

On a new journey
Aug 29, 2007
teesside
www.drewdunnrespect.com
yes try not to use the pine cone cos i was told they are dead smokey but how true this is i dont know because i have never had that problem with pine cones when i have used them so make of that what you will drew

Last edited:

spiritwalker

Native
Jun 22, 2009
wirral
to be honest the pine cone hadn't caught it was mainly the birch bark and twigs there was no greenwood perhaps it was just the start up maybe if i left it to get going more it would have died back. Ill have another go when the neighbours haven't got the washing out

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE