Volcano stove question

dirty ben

Forager
Dec 24, 2009
somerset
Having bought a volcano stove from endicotts at the weekend i have a question about the bottle,does anyone actually trust the cork or do you change the bottle to a screw top,and can you use any aluminium bottle to heat your water,obviously removing the top first.

andybysea

Oct 15, 2008
South east Scotland.
yes you can use the bottle to heat up your water i just place the cork loosely on top when doing so, and yes i use the bottle to carry water,push the cork in hard and carry upright(side pouch of sabre 45 for instance)

Big_bazza99

Nomad
Nov 8, 2008
North Yorks
sorry what i meant was,can you use a screw top bottle to heat your water,with the top off.

Do you mean something like a Sigg bottle? If so, you might get problems with the finish on them burning off. Also not sure if they are treated inside. Have only ever used the cup to boil water in and never carried water in the bottle - perhaps defeats the object, but really like these stoves. Regards Paul

shortyman

Need to contact Admin...
Apr 18, 2010
Lancashire
I think the way the handle on the stove fits into the wall supports the bottle for just this purpose. Could be wrong though.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE