Vintage Nordic Backpacks

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Tomteifi

Nomad
Jan 22, 2016
Carmarthenshire, South Wales
Hi

Anyone looking for a vintage genuine Nordic Backpack circa 1950's? There are three up for grabs today on Ebay one under £50 and 2 under £40.
Just type in 'vintage Nordic backpack' and there they are for buy it now prices from an army surplus stores.

Tom.

Update=the numbers are dwindling as I've just bought one!

Last edited:

Tomteifi

Nomad
Jan 22, 2016
Bought one, its an original, circa 1945 M35 in good condition for the year. The canvas is excellent and retains some waterproofing. The frame is very good with no corrosion. I will post photo of how it is now but I intend to update it somewhat but obviously keep as much originality as possible. Its definitely been issued and used(has the 3 crowns stamped into leather lumbar support and the initials EB written in pencil inside the right shoulder strap) A couple of the thin shoulder straps are more than well worn(useable but will need replacing in future) but the rest are fine. All I've done to it so far is give it a general clean, separate the bag from the frame and fit a paracord strap through the topmost leather(which had 2 holes in it anyway) for a hanging storage strap. Once its had a proper all over leather clean and a small anointing with neetsfoot oil, it will be squeaky clean but will not squeak!:) £34.20 well spent!

Tomteifi

Nomad
Jan 22, 2016
The canvas has now had a general clean and two liberal coats of Fjallraven Greenland wax-wow- is it waterproof or what? I know this compromises breathability but hey, I want it to be as dry as possible in there at all times! cant post a pic yet as my steam powered 'not very smart' smartfone is acting the goat at the mo. The fabric colour has darkened at bit as well, which is a plus.

Tom.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE