Vintage Folding Cooking Shelves

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

spader

Native
Dec 19, 2009
Scotland
Hi All

Clearing out shed. This, I was told, is from 1970s vintage, and is very well made with steel. It folds into a very transportable pack as in one of the photos.
You can place stoves on the top, and cook away while hanging and placing other stuff and cutlery on other shelves.

Rough measurement when fully set up is,
100 (h) x 60 (w) x 45 (d) cm

When folded, it becomes
15(h) x 60(w) x 45(d) cm

It is in good condition, very useful in outdoors, shed or workshop. Asking price for this item is SOLD delivered to your door within UK.
E.U. address postage would be extra £25, because even if it folds and packs nicely, it is quite heavy because of metal construction.

18621337038_2c028d6c5e.jpg

18782846926_dc3467cab7.jpg

18621422340_c533ebebc1.jpg

18809137145_97b692b58d.jpg

Last edited:

didicoy

Mar 7, 2013
fens
I picked up a full set, still in the original boxes at a carboot a few months ago. I got it for a bargain price, but I often use the same type of mesh tables next to my fire pit when cooking. If I have the tin bath with me. I stand the tin bath on one of these tables at each end. Leaving a gap from the ground up to the underneath of the tin bath. I then put a small charcoal bbq under the tin bath. Hours later, the kids get bathed, then me. Placing the hot tin bath on the ground and off the mesh tables before getting in.

spader

Native
Dec 19, 2009
Scotland
I am not sure if the modern copycats would be well made like the vintage ones like this with metal frames and plates.

didicoy

Mar 7, 2013
fens
I am not sure if the modern copycats would be well made like the vintage ones like this with metal frames and plates.
reminds me, I did have to get the stick welder out last year, to tack back on a leg. Week later it still took the weight of a tin bath, full of hot river water.

spader

Native
Dec 19, 2009
Scotland
reminds me, I did have to get the stick welder out last year, to tack back on a leg. Week later it still took the weight of a tin bath, full of hot river water.

Was using it to dry woods in the shed. But I have more shelves so it has got to go. It is great that it can be used both permanent set up or travel, as it folds away in nice carriable package.

snozz

Dec 9, 2009
Otley
These are great - we've got the same 'vintage' ones. Very strong, durable and worth every penny - I used two of my shelves as recovery tracks when our car got stuck on Shell Island in Wales, drove the car over them and they survived - they're that good! Good luck with the sale

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE