Vigil on Shilstone.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Ben Trout

Nomad
Feb 19, 2006
Wiltshire, GB
A shot from last weekend. Ten Tors training on Dartmoor. O Sunday afternoon we took the casualties of our 35 mile team out to Shilstone Tor to collect the survivors at the end of the walk. I got this one while we were trying to spot them.

0406vigilartyversion.jpg

Cobweb

Native
Aug 30, 2007
South Shropshire
Nice flare from the sun, I'm guessing it's a small consumer camera, not a DSLR? If it is, it's done remarkably well with the weird light levles, and did I mention that the flare waas cool?

The composition is pretty good too, the way the silhouettes are positioned really gives you the feeling that they are looking for someone.

CC (Please ignore if you like, only one random persons opinion ect...) A vertical crop would be good, cutting odd the empty space on the right hand side to contain the eye and perhaps try a black and white conversion?

:)

Ben Trout

Nomad
Feb 19, 2006
Wiltshire, GB
Thanks.

The camera is a compact thingumy. Sanyo Xacti CA-65. I'm very happy with it so far, it fits in pockets so I usually have it with me when little opportunities crop up. I would've missed many a picture if I had a SLR instead.

I'll have to try your suggestions, Cobweb. I wouldn't have thought of cropping the picture, just covering up the image on the screen I understand what you mean. :thanks:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE