Videos of the Land Rover Knife by Elma

rancid badger

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Some time ago, I was very lucky and snapped up a really lovely piece of work by fellow BCUK member, "Elma".

It was made from an old Land Rover leaf spring, with tufnell scales and it was an absolute gem;
[video=youtube;sYX6Y0JNqpk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sYX6Y0JNqpk&feature=re lated[/video]

[video=youtube;vKjWJX7Bcr4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vKjWJX7Bcr4&feature=re lated[/video]

The knife was a joy to use, though I found it to be a touch on the large side for my hands, eventually selling it on. I can't actually remember who bought it now:(

Anyway, I just thought I'd share:eek:

Nice one Elma;)

best wishes

Steve

lannyman8

Jan 18, 2009
Dark side of the Moon
very old lanny springs make awesome blades as the steel is much better than the standard we use now, good old british steel eh...

the blade did look a little long to me too Steve, very nice work on the axe handle, is that the one that bit you....:rolleyes:

rancid badger

very old lanny springs make awesome blades as the steel is much better than the standard we use now, good old british steel eh...

the blade did look a little long to me too Steve, very nice work on the axe handle, is that the one that bit you....:rolleyes:

No! it was the little hatchet I got from from my father-in-laws greenhouse, that I spent hours and hours, de-scaling, grinding and sharpening to bring back to life, that did that.;)

Actually......er...no....in fact, it was the stupid buxxer using the wrong tool for the job, when not fully compost-de-mental,that did it, not the tool:eek:

just about coming up to a year now I think:confused: Still not got the full feeling back in thumb or finger!
P2120011copyresizedthumboff.jpg

Take care

cheers

Steve

lannyman8

Jan 18, 2009
Dark side of the Moon
hhhhhm that looks a good 1.....;)

we all learn from our mistakes, i made one with a shotgun once, needless to say i was very very luck, what being nackerd does to you hey....

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE