VIDEO TRIP REPORT: Two night/Three day Winter trip in Dolly Sods Wilderness, WV

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Drewboy64

Feb 21, 2014
United States
I went with my brother and cousin on a two night/three day trip to Dolly Sods Wilderness in West Virginia, USA this past Christmas, and I guess I never got around to posting about it here. It was a great time. The whole drive there, I was worried it wouldn't be snowy, but higher up in the hills there was snow everywhere, and it was beautiful.

We had a really tender roast, potatoes, and onions, pre-cooked but heated perfectly over a fire for Christmas dinner. The next day some of the snow had melted, but we went all through the fields and through pine forests. The second night, we had some fire-roasted bacon.

On the last day as we hiked out, there was a decently wide river cutting through the trail. It was warm and sunny enough that I figured, what the heck. I skinny dipped in it, and it was one of the coldest things I've ever felt. It was really refreshing though, and the sunlight dried me off really quick.

Good times.

[video=youtube;_uLDFy0i8UY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_uLDFy0i8UY&list=PLIuN82hcBpY13us_Gly95Qg_ ph6Zlmi4G[/video]

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE