Video Journal - Hammock Wildcamp & Camp Construction

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Braidsta

Forager
Jul 29, 2013
Essex
500px.com
Hi all,

Another entry to my video journal, a bit of a long one this time, the next few will likely be shorter! More camp construction documented. Progress is slow but very enjoyable, and as ever though it's really just for me to look back on, I hope that my efforts inspire others to have a go at anything they see here.

[video=youtube;QWeCzaj6gqg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QWeCzaj6gqg[/video]

It was a lovely night, back in the hammock after getting hooked on ground sleeping :) I didn't sleep in the end, but was so happy just to chill at the fire, it really just enhanced the experience. It was the first time in a long time that I've had a fire on a solo nighter, I have to say, I'd sort of forgotten how good it feels to have one!

Well pleased with my thermal cafetiere type mug, easily the best solution I've found to perfect woodland coffee. I also brought along my first attempt at homemade beef jerky - I'm looking forward to the next batch!

Hope it's enjoyed and maybe gives someone a couple of ideas to try out

Have a lovely day

Brady

Last edited:

Braidsta

Forager
Jul 29, 2013
Essex
500px.com
Sorry Shewie, not sure why you had to do it twice, I edited it to include the line on beef jerky! Not great on forums but I think I've sussed how to embed myself now, I don't work for youtube so I was never trying to send traffic their way mate.

Tom Gold

Forager
Nov 2, 2012
Scotland
www.thetreeline.co.uk
Brady, some great content in here but pretty long mate! I get that this is more of a journal than a 'how to' though.

Thinking of getting a DD hammock myself, looks the business in this vid.

Thanks for sharing,

Best, T

Braidsta

Forager
Jul 29, 2013
Essex
500px.com
Thanks mate! Cor yes, definitely noted for future ones, I got too into it I think!

My experience with the camping hammock is all good, I hear good stuff about their more serious ones too.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE