Victorinox Lumberjack

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Doc

Need to contact Admin...
Nov 29, 2003
Perthshire
A very popular everyday knife among bushcraft folk is the Victorinox Farmer Swiss Army Knife. This has the alox handles and thicker blade of the military issue Soldier, but also has a woodsaw. Difficult to get in the UK but readily available online from the US for around £15. It is legal for every day carry, and I strongly recommend it.

Although I think the handle diameter is about perfect, some people prefer a slimmer knife. I note that SOSAK are shortly to bring out the Victorinox Lumberjack- alox handles but with just blade, woodsaw and combitool.

Details here:
http://www.sosakonline.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=165&Itemid=35

I still prefer the Farmer though.

P

PWork

The alox Lumberjack is a special run and not a regular production piece.

Dougster

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 13, 2005
The banks of the Deveron.
I just sent back a 14 year old SAK which I can't remember the name of to Victorinox. The UK people couldn't fix it so I had the option of sending it to Switzerland for repair or a brand new one!

Needless to say I am mightliy chuffed with that level of service.

JonnyP

Oct 17, 2005
Cornwall...
Dougster said:
I just sent back a 14 year old SAK which I can't remember the name of to Victorinox. The UK people couldn't fix it so I had the option of sending it to Switzerland for repair or a brand new one!

Hi Richard...Where did you send it...? I have a swiss champ, that I broke the pliers on, and want to send it back for repair....

brancho

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 20, 2007
Whitehaven Cumbria
Dougster said:

Yeah I could do with info as well as my son broke scissors on his climber :)

Kirruth

Forager
Apr 15, 2005
Reading
www.bayes.org.uk
I am a SAK Camping girl - short and long blades, bottle and can openers, corkscrew, awl and saw; plus tweezers and a toothpick in the handle. Everything a body needs.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE