Victorinox, any other models with a blade like a Farmer?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

MartiniDave

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 29, 2003
Cambridgeshire
Oh! I love the victorinos saws, I usually carry a SAK with a saw out of preference. Very handy for whipping a stick out of the hedge nice and neatly, good for notches it figure 4 traps are your thing and with care holding them make excellent scrappers for ferro-rods.

Dave

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Oh! I love the victorinos saws, I usually carry a SAK with a saw out of preference. Very handy for whipping a stick out of the hedge nice and neatly, good for notches it figure 4 traps are your thing and with care holding them make excellent scrappers for ferro-rods.

Dave

Ditto - a SAK aint a SAK without a saw!

ex-member Raikey

Sep 4, 2010
a bit OT but does anyone ever use the corkscrew anymore?

i have a Spartan on my keys and think the Tinker would be a better idea....(its the same but has a philips rather than the corkscrew)

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
a bit OT but does anyone ever use the corkscrew anymore?

i have a Spartan on my keys and think the Tinker would be a better idea....(its the same but has a philips rather than the corkscrew)

Never used the corkscrew after I discovered the shoe and wall method.

MartiniDave

Aug 29, 2003
Cambridgeshire
OK Johnny, we'll agree to differ! As to your question re Soldier v Pioneer, the Pioneer has a little keyring, the Soldier doesn't. Somewhere I even have a Pioneer that only has a single blade.

Dave

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter

MartiniDave

Aug 29, 2003
Cambridgeshire
I think they're also made by Victorinox, I have a "Nato" logo'd one I picked up at a carboot sale a few years back for about £4!
Quite a good useable knife, but I don't find the saw a good as the ordinary SAK.

Dave

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE