(Very Pic Heavy) My first ever hammock experience..

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

HarrogateTobias

Feb 4, 2011
Heaton, Newcastle
Hi all, just wanted to share my pictures of my first hammock experience.

So it arrived, less than 24hrs from ordering. very impressed

I just used the standard rigging and it was super easy setup. that webbing doesnt half have grip wow

enjoy the pictures of harrogate valley gardens.

Alot of people commented on it, i let a couple have a go smiles all around

IMAG0960.jpg

IMAG0961.jpg

Sprayed in Forest green camo paint today with the karibeaners (spelling i know)

IMAG0962.jpg

IMAG0963.jpg

IMAG0964.jpg

IMAG0969.jpg

Frayed inside zip but no probs too sunny to care

IMAG0970.jpg

IMAG0971.jpg

IMAG0972.jpg

Does anybody know which tree species this is?

IMAG0973.jpg

IMAG0974.jpg

Inside was very nice

IMAG0976.jpg

IMAG0978.jpg

IMAG0979.jpg

IMAG0981.jpg

johnboy

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Oct 2, 2003
Hamilton NZ
www.facebook.com
should i burn the frays? anyone

Nice photos...

The frays seem to be an unfinished edge of the material the Hammock is made from. If the Hammock is new and you're unhappy with the unfinished edge I guess you could contact the manufacturer (DD??) and ask them about the issue. TBH it looks like poor QC on the CMT.

I've burnt off frays and unfinished edges like that in the past on ALICE packs ect and it works but the length of the frayed part on those was quite short or it was the odd loose thread.

I'd personally be inclined to get the fray on your hammock sorted by the supplier as it's just going to start clogging the zip which may lead to the zip getting jammed and knackered down the line.

If you have a go at finishing off the material edge ( which is the manufacturers job TBH) and inadvertently melt the good fabric then you have a knackered product that you cannot send back.

HTH

John

Androo

Nomad
Dec 8, 2010
NW UK
That tree could be a number of things... most probably a Cedar of sorts (there's not many varieties in the UK) and without a closeup of the needles it's hard to say.
Then again it could be a few other things, closeup of needles would be an almost give away.

Did you sleep out in the Park? Or are ya planning to get out into the woods?

I've just been faffing around with tarp setups here in the garden for a night in the woods later, do you have a tarp to go with this for when the weather returns to normal? ;O)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE