Very cheap home made alternative to a Exped schnozzel pump bag.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Big G

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 3, 2015
Cleveland UK
Hi Folks,

I was gonna buy a Exped schnozzel pump bag, to blow up my exped mat. But after looking on youtube for ideas, i thought i'd make my own. I'm really happy with the outcome, only takes 3 bag's of air, to inflate my exped dlx mat.

Here's how i made it, and materials needed.

1. Strong bin liner or builders rubble bag.

2. Garden hose spray nozzle.

3. Wine bottle cork.

I had a old garden hose spray nozzle, that i cut up and used. Cut a small corner off the rubble sack, small enough so you can push a finger through.
I pushed the male part of spray nozzle with thread on through the cut hole from the inside of bag.
View attachment 41615
View attachment 41622
Then i screwed the the female part of spray nozzle on to it. View attachment 41616
Then i drilled a hole through centre of the cork, and started to sand the cork down, so it would fit snugly inside the nozzle.
View attachment 41617
View attachment 41618
View attachment 41619
And snugly in to the the inflate value on the exped mat.
View attachment 41620
So there you go folks, a nice and cheap way to blow up your exped mats. It works perfectly and better than blowing moist air in to them :)
View attachment 41621

Last edited:

Big G

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 3, 2015
Cleveland UK
That is a great idea and I have no problem with using it for my mat. hope you don't mind :)

now to drink a load of wine to find the right sized cork :)

Aye, no probs mate :) Get one made ;)

That's why i posted it up, help other folks out, and save a few quid to :D

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE