ventile windproof smock alternative

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Jan 2, 2010
cambridgeshire
i have been looking for a canvass / ventile smock , but the cost is simply horendous.
enter the swedish army snow smock.

canvass/ cotton based material - comes in white, which lends its self to dying any colour you want.
best price and range of sizes i can find so far is addlestons army surplus - smock is 13.99, add a fiver for the dye, a fiver for some nikwax proofing and change the buttons.
hey presto a bomb proof ventile equivilent smock made to your own spec

addlestons army surplus 01932 848563 p&p was 5.95

also look at fact surplus 01473 286945 who have norwegen snow suits for 15:99 which give the trousers too, but they only come in large sizes - like REALLY LARGE sizes

andybysea

Oct 15, 2008
South east Scotland.
the Norwegian one is thinner than the Swedish one i think,and the earlier smock type Swedish one's are of a heavier duty cotton than the latter button closer ones, both type's are good though,and take dye well, but youve also got to change the button's you dont want say a o/g smock with white buttons.

MrEd

Life Member
Feb 18, 2010
Surrey/Sussex
www.thetimechamber.co.uk
the buttons are easy to change!! incidentally the white buttons off the button fronted one are better quality than the overhead one.

i dyed my button front one brown and put wooden buttons on it then put the good white buttons from it on my overhead one as theya re nicer and 4 hole not 2 hole. i didnt dye the white one.

of the 2 i like the overhead one most, its a better fit and is a better design imo with gussets under the armpit etc, its also a thicker cloth and i find a bit better at wind stopping - i never use the brown one now. both i proofed with nikwax. ok it doesnt keep you bone dry but with the overhead one on and my helly wool fleece underneath you stay warm and acceptably dry in a moderate shower. i love it, got mine for a tenner each

Tor helge

Settler
May 23, 2005
Northern Norway
www.torbygjordet.com
The norwegian snow camo suit is just that, a camo suit.
It is not something you wear alone as protection against wind and snow, but outside your uniform to conseal yourself from the enemy.
Stay away (unless you need a camo suit).

Tor

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE