Ventile in North America

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

addyb

Native
Jul 2, 2005
Vancouver Island, Canada.
Hi all,

I doubt I'll be remembered but several years ago I was a regular and enthusiastic poster on these forums.

I have a small query: Does anyone know of a North American Ventile distributor? My parka, a hand-me-down from an elderly family member has given up the proverbial ghost and I'm in the market for a reasonably priced substitute...preferably not one sold in Euros or Pound Sterling!

Any help on this matter would be much appreciated. I'd prefer e-mail replies, or failing that, a private message through the forums would do nicely.

Cheers and thanks,

Adam

Hoodoo

Nov 17, 2003
Michigan, USA
That Artctic anorak looks a bit tasty, if only it was green :)

I dyed mine green.

sash1c.jpg

addyb

Native
Jul 2, 2005
Vancouver Island, Canada.
Thanks for the feedback, guys. The Ventile field coat on the empirecanvasworks site looks promising and I think I'll have to look at it in more detail. No luck with the wintergreen site, all I've seen so far are nylon anoraks. Thanks again and if anyone else has anything to add, let me know!

Cheers,

Adam

Last edited:

Hoodoo

Nov 17, 2003
Michigan, USA
Thanks for the feedback, guys. The Ventile field coat on the empirecanvasworks site looks promising and I think I'll have to look at it in more detail. No luck with the wintergreen site, all I've seen so far are nylon anoraks. Thanks again and if anyone else has anything to add, let me know!

Cheers,

Adam

By sheer luck I picked up two ventile insulated coats from Cabelas but this was years ago. Evidently no one in NA knew what they were and Cabelas was closing them out for around $70 so I bought two. Love 'em. :) I have not seen any ventile at Cabelas since. On occasion, Orvis sold ventile clothes so you might want to check them out. I got in on a deal here. It was a SASS or something like that. There's a thread way back on it somewhere. Great deal IIRC. Really well made parka and even with shipping, the price was reasonable and much cheaper than Empire. Don't know if that deal is still available or not.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE