Ventile as Sole Waterproof?

  • The awesome MakerMoot is coming up (13-15th Nov 2026), Visit the TORM & ARM markets,and have space back at camp to work on projects and enjoy great company. PLEASE CLICK HERE for more information.

Ventile Alone or with help?

  • Just Ventile

    Votes: 30 52.6%
  • Ventile and a 'shell' layer (inner or outer)

    Votes: 27 47.4%

  • Total voters
    57
I've owned goretex jackets that are years old and they didn't leak unless I cut them with a knife. Stopped being breathable if I got them dirty and didn't maintain the DWR.
The ex-military jacket, 2nd hand when I bought it, has shed its seam tape, been soaked in diesel and engine oil, but is still waterproof except at the seams.

I find myself doubting these stories of goretex clothing that leaks. Maybe after mechanical damage, but not because the membrane isn't any good.
 

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE