Vegan jerky

woof

Apr 12, 2008
lincolnshire
I'm not a vegan, but my daughter is, & she has given me among other things a small pack of vegan jerky, not tried it yet, but looking forward to trying it, if its good, it could make an interesting adition to bushy cooking.

Anyone else tried it ?

Rob

Claudiasboris

Life Member
Feb 8, 2009
Sheffield
Never even heard of it before. Let us know what it's like. I'm veggie, not vegan, and this sounds interesting.

Any idea where she got it?

Claudiasboris

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
The Jerkymeister's missus is Veggie and she makes a selection of really good tofu jerkies :D The marmite one is excellent :D

cheers,
Toddy

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Hi Woof,

Our local decidious trees make tonnes of vegan jerky strips every autumn. Doesn't seem very popular though as folk just rake them into piles and then hedgehogs sleep in it. :lmao:

Hope she enjoys it.

Merry Christmas Goatboy.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Yeah, calcium rich too :D It's a goodie for vegetarians/vegans.
If you make your own tofu you can flavour it as you make it, drain it really well, slice it up and dry it and it works really well. Better if marinaded first though.

cheers,
M

woof

Apr 12, 2008
lincolnshire
Well i ate it while watching the lord of the rings last night, I loved it, my daughter was'nt so keen, my son hated it, but then he thinks baked beans are spicy !, also hated by my sister in law, but a big thumbs up from me.

Its called Suzies vegan jerky, & is made by martinsjerkedmeats.com

It contains tofu, paprika, chillies, pepper, soy sauce garlic & ginger.

Rob

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE