Vbulitan hacks

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

stevec

Oct 30, 2003
Sheffield
It looks like British blades has succumbed to the vbul4.2 hack. Malicious code is injected into the SQL headers. Best look to change passwords if you use the same one on many sites

C_Claycomb

Moderator staff
Mod
Oct 6, 2003
Bedfordshire
Is that the same thing that has been re-directing people to a My.filespace page? Apparently that has been going on for months. I only had it happen in the last few weeks though. Same thing happens on Hammock Forums.

There seems to be very little information and no feedback from admin on either site when the subject is discussed by members.

beachlover

Aug 28, 2004
Isle of Wight
There seems to be very little information and no feedback from admin on either site when the subject is discussed by members.

As far as BB is concerned and has already been stated to members over there, only the owner can deal with the server company and arrange to get this sorted. For his own reasons Martyn is rarely contactable or online and we staff do our best to keep the ship afloat.

stevec

Oct 30, 2003
Sheffield
I'm sure it will get sorted, just wanted to warn ppl here that's all. Not having a dig at the BB admins and mods

C_Claycomb

Moderator staff
Mod
Oct 6, 2003
Bedfordshire
Definitely no dig from me either. I have done a little more digging around, but not being enough of an IT tech I don't know whether the problem is merely one of defacing the site and attempting to get people to click on links on the page one is redirected to for further malware installation, or whether the hack could fundamentally compromise passwords and personal details on the sites effected.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE