Varanger camp 10-12

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

muffinski

Aug 18, 2011
west Midlands
I am in the process of selling my varanger 8-10 in order to get a varanger camp does anyone have any experience with this model and especially the 10-12 as I am debating this for the increased size but concerned about loss of stability.

ex-member BareThrills

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 5, 2011
United Kingdom
I think the shape is pretty stable in all wind conditions. there is a video on youtube somewhere of a kifaru 24 man in huge winds and it was just fine. I had my 8-10 camp in up to 35mph winds without guy lines. barely moved!

muffinski

Aug 18, 2011
west Midlands
Thats a good heads up as one of the main reasons I got a varanger was to be able to use a wood burner in it during the colder months. I hope that fry up is not just for one! do you find cooking inside the tent the smell gets into the fabric? never cooked inside of mine.

Borderer

Jul 13, 2011
Borders
I am currently exploring which Lavvu to buy, I really fancy the varanger 10-12camp.... but I'd really like to be able to use it in the winter, so after reading your post twodogs I am now wondering wether I should go for the 8-10. What do you guys recon, I have 3 kids...

Is that the helsport stove twodogs?

muffinski

Aug 18, 2011
west Midlands
I think something to consider regarding size is what you are sleeping on. My wife and I use fishing beds which are fairly big and take up a lot of room but is fine when just us and the dog. In the Varanger 8-10 we can get away with them next to each other only when the stove is not being used. If sleeping on the floor on mats you can easily get 4/5 people in with kit and a stove in the 8-10. By the way I have a varanger 8-10 for sale.

MartinK9

Life Member
Dec 4, 2008
Leicestershire
Varanger 8-10 Camp:

setupalex2.jpg

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE