Vango Tempest 200 - Opinions please!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

SussexRob

Dec 26, 2010
East Grinstead
Hi all,

I am in the process of looking at getting some 2 man expedition tents for my Explorer Scouts. I need to set them a fund raising target, and thus, pick the model of tent.

The Vango Tempest 200 seems like a reasonable 2 man hike tent, do any of you have any experience with it, or some alternative suggestions?

I am looking to get 4-6 two man tents, at around the £100-£150 mark for my Explorers to use for D of E and Chief Scout expeditions.

Fizzy

Nomad
Feb 8, 2010
Ash Vale
Not that I had a problem in one, but I read that it's not the greatest for the taller person, but that might not be an issue for teenagers. Another similar alternative would be the Coleman Avior X2 which seems to be on sale everywhere at the moment, and has a slightly longer/wider sleeping area

PeterH

Settler
Oct 29, 2007
Milton Keynes
Group I was acting GSL for bought about a dozen last year after finally taking some notice of what we were telling them and making a gift aid claim! They are fine for 2 scouts (each!) they just need to learn to be tidier!

SussexRob

Dec 26, 2010
East Grinstead
Exellent. I'll look to go for them then. we also need 10 new map cases and 10 compasses so they have a big fundraising push on thier hands. We need to raise around £1015.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE