Vango Banshee or Zenith?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Jul 21, 2015
United Kingdom
Evening all,

I currently have a Vango beta 350 which is too big to use as a backpacking tent, so was looking at what options I have. I am a big lad and would hate not being able to sit up so the 1 man options are too much for me.

I have so far narrowed down my choices (for my budget) to either the Vango Banshee 200 or the Zenith 200.

To me, the Zenith looks a neater, better design but then I have little experience of small tents (most of my camping over the years has been in our Bear Lake 4 or now air Hornet XL withthe family).

Does anyone have any feedback on either but especially the Zenith?

Many thanks,

Rob

GGTBod

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 28, 2014
I've got the Vango Ark 200 plus, like yourself i am on the larger side and can't get away with the tiny superlite one man jobbies so i went for the 200 plus, you have thefull Vango ark 2 man tent plus the enclosed porch, i got it for £79 in a sale and use it when i am guaranteed for it to be constantly raining cats and dogs, space for me and all my kit and room to move about, i've even squeezed my mountain bike into the porch area a few times although i did have to remove the front wheel to do so. Excellent waterpoofery

1tente-vango-ark-200-plus-2_30168.jpg

GGTBod

Mar 28, 2014
Looking at pics of the banshee 200 online i don't think i could get away with that size and low profile

maxresdefault.jpg

Similar thoughts on the Zenith 200, look at the size of it next to this little woman

zenith-200-4-600x600.jpg

Last edited:

GGTBod

Mar 28, 2014
You're welcome, it's a cracking little tent and it takes less than 5 mins to put it up, it's basically fit three poles and stake it out and then suspend the inner tent inside the outer tent and you're done

nunzionuk

i've a banshee 300, its a wicked tent, but damn is it low! BUT its light, cheap, easy to put up, a bugger to pack in the bag it came with, but all in i like it. First pitch you will do outta first, then put the inner up, but you can take it down as one, and pitch as one the next time you use it.

300 has the advantage of having two doors, which speaking of, is the only downside of the tent, they could do with dual zippers, not just the one, and a pocket to stuff the door into, but I guess the pocket can be added afterwards with a small amount of skill.. the zipper is much harder.

Tim_B

Dec 8, 2013
Ipswich
You're welcome, it's a cracking little tent and it takes less than 5 mins to put it up, it's basically fit three poles and stake it out and then suspend the inner tent inside the outer tent and you're done

It sounds very much like our green bean 350, just with a smaller pack size.
thanks
Tim

caorach

Forager
Nov 26, 2014
UK
I have a Banshee 200 and I'd say that taller folks are going to find that the available room in the tent is a bit short for them in terms of length before your head/feet are rubbing on the inner. I'm about 5'8" ish and wouldn't want to be much taller. You can probably lie at an angle etc. but what you can do and what you'd ideally do for comfort are not the same thing. I can sit up in it no problem but, again, I wouldn't want to be much taller before that wouldn't work for me either.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE