Using Smartphone for messaging issue

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Erbswurst

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 5, 2018
Berlin
I write exclusively at a smartphone with automatic orthographic correction.
The phone makes from a typing mistake often a real mistake by replacing the wrong written word with a totally different one.
I have the impression that this also happens in the posting process. I mean I don't see a little fault on the small screen, press "Post reply" and get in the end a post with a nonsense word in my text.

After posting, I usually check the layout of my post and read it ones more in order to find such nonsense corrections.

So far, so good. It works well.

BUT
It doesn't work in the private conversations, which I use a lot.
There is missing the EDIT option.
Can you change that?
I really would appreciate the EDIT option in the private messages!

Off course I do on top of simple typing mistakes additional real orthographic faults. That causes even more nonsense words.
A wrong written word would disturb nobody in a private conversation, but a nonsense word disturbs of course, especially if I try to explain something (to a beginner) that is already pretty complicated to understand.

I am not the only foreign user here. Others surely have the same problem in a similar amount. And even a Brit with a small smartphone, bad eyes and a fat finger gets these problems.

And because it's just private, I don't want to read every written text 5 times in order to find such kind of faults.
I have nothing against helping somebody with experienced suggestions, but I also don't want to invest more time in it as necessary, especially if that can be seen only by one single person and has no common value.

Can you change that, please?

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
I figured this was unrelated to the 'Introductions forum' conversation so I created a new thread and moved it.

At the moment no one can edit their own conversation messages, it's never been an issue before and we keep it that way as there's been the odd individual in the past that's been a bit naughty with editing and things...

With posts there's a limited time that edits can be made, they're much more public and easier to spot when it goes wrong.

I hear what you're saying but unless there was a real need, as in many people having an issue then I'm probably not going to change it, and even if I did it would be a ver short time limit on things.

Reactions: Erbswurst

Erbswurst

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 5, 2018
Berlin
My private messages are the most structured in the world!
The problem is just, that there are indeed members who don't know the difference between an MSR Pocket Rocket and an MTP Rocket Pouch or have a few similar basic questions that need a bit longer answers...
A lot of things aren't so obvious as we assume.

But the idea to turn off the auto correct wisenheimer is good! I will try that out.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE