User Name Help?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Woodcutter

Feb 6, 2006
Kent
Who do I contact on this forum to get my user ID changed, I've sent a couple of emails to the contact email address and had no response. I wanted to know if I could change my user name so it is the same as the one I use on British blades, and what if any impact that would have on any posts I have made etc. Also asked how I get rid of the "tenderfoot" under my user name.

Any help, contact names, details would be appreciated.

Matt Weir

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 22, 2006
Tyldesley, Lancashire.
Woodcutter said:
Who do I contact on this forum to get my user ID changed, I've sent a couple of emails to the contact email address and had no response. I wanted to know if I could change my user name so it is the same as the one I use on British blades, and what if any impact that would have on any posts I have made etc. Also asked how I get rid of the "tenderfoot" under my user name.

Any help, contact names, details would be appreciated.

The tenderfoot is related to your post count. This will change as your post count increases. as regards the name change I'm not sure it can be done but admin should give you a definite. If you are not getting any replies then try PM'ing one of the moderators.

Good luck!

g4ghb

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 21, 2005
Wiltshire
drop a PM to the big boss - Tony. I know it has been done in the past but as he is in the middle of a major revamp of the site it may not be at the top of his priorities right now;)

Ahjno

Vice-Adminral
Admin
Aug 9, 2004
Rotterdam (NL)
www.bushcraftuk.com
Mods:
http://www.bushcraftuk.com/community/showgroups.php?

As said, try Tony - but (as said too) he's a very busy man. Changing usernames isn't real high priority, as people have a responsibility to have a good think about what name they choose. Of course every now and then a name will be changed, if there are valid reasons for it to do so (if it's valid enough is solely up to Admin) - this also prevents people chosing a random name and changing it afterwards. Then no one knows who's who because of those continiously changing names on the forum (which makes it a tough job to have a proper conversation).

I'm a member here for about 3 years and only encountered it about 5 times, of which 3 I'm sure:

- Privacy: a member requested Admin a username change because kids discovered this member (who works with these kids in everyday life) was posting on BCUK and probably found out the username.

- Prevention: A member who was banned, had a username change after a request to re-join the forum (after appologise etc. was made, etc. etc.). The change was granted to secure this persons well being on the forum, and to provide a clean sleath.

- Weird name: a member who had an absolute laughable username had a username change, after that we could take that member serious.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE