URGENT if your children have mobile phones

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

xylaria

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Atleast 3 times a day I get calls on my land line from robots trying to sell me stuff or offer ways out of debt. I don't have any debts nor do need house insurance, been on cable our number has never appeared in a phone book, and it is ex-derectory. The thought of getting the same garbage on my mobile fills me dread. My partner works in call center and my daughter brings a mobile to school, everyone knows only to send either of them texts during the day. Not getting junk calls is really important as there is far better things to do than have a phone ring at stupid times, trying to flog rubbish that no-one wants. The is a setting on my daughter phone and problebly on mine that will only take calls from recognised numbers.

Thanks for the heads up sandsnakes.

I am not worried about abusers, I have assured my kids statistics say the person mostly likely to kill them is me:p .

Wild Thing

Native
Jan 2, 2009
Torquay, Devon
Yahoo reported today that the site has crashed after thousands of people opted to go ex directory.

It advises the service will be back up as soon as possible.

Whatever your opinion as to whether or not young people should have mobile phones and whether they are mature enough to not accept unsolicited calls it goes to show that a lot of people don't want their mobile number available to everyone and God's dog.

As it happens I use mobile phones to stay in touch with both of my teen age kids, who are level headed and sensible, but I had all of the phones go ex directory a few days ago after Sandsanakes posted the links. I don't want some smeghead contacting me or my kids. If I want a service I will contact people and ask them for it.

Thanks Sandsnakes.

HOOYAH!!!

Phill :p

sandsnakes

Life Member
May 22, 2006
West London
Thanks for the vote of confidence Phill!

Sad to say that in many ways innocent freedoms are being erroded, from owning a knife to the rite to have your phone unlisted. Most people cannot remember but when the post office ran the early telephone system you had to pay to have your number included in the directory. They changed it so you had to pay to opt out, no doubt that will happen with this system.

Sandsnakes.

See you all at the moot.

nuphoria

Jul 11, 2009
Midlands
Sounds like a good thing al long as you opt out when you want to. Our kid knows not to talk to anyone he doesn't know or reply to texts from strangers etc.

kennyboy

Jul 15, 2009
N.Ireland
Pedophobia at its prime. I dont think your average pedo, who lurks outside every garden gate, has the funds to purchase a directory of mobile phone numbers. Or the abillity to differentiate between adults and kids on the directory.
Most kids and teens won't answer their phone if the number is anonomous. I know mine won't!
Give your kids some credit! Get it? Credit?
Let them live their lives!

P

Psy23

I'd be more worried about your children getting a big fat brain tumour.

Does it make anyone else angry that recently there seems to be a trend of putting mobile phone masts next to schools!? We recently defeated one where I live, took a lot of wrangling and public outcry though.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE