upscaled response pak?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Steffen

Forager
Jun 13, 2010
Norway
i like the snugpak response pak, but i think it is on the small side.
something like a 50% upscaled snugpak woul be great.

does such a thing exist?

Steffen

Forager
Jun 13, 2010
Norway
i just saw a youtube review of the sabercat.
and it seems it have the same problem as a norrøna kongsvoll pack i have.
its just to big to use as belt carry or hipbelt only.
of course it can be used with shoulder straps, but i think a 30l backpack would be faster, easier and more practical.

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Try a handbag like my wifes!
It holds a huge amount of gear, has a civvie look and can be carried as a shoulderbag or as a backpack or even belt mounted ...she got it from a charity shop but the makers name is "Denny"....
She is just going out so I cannot photo it...try googling the name...

Steffen

Forager
Jun 13, 2010
Norway
i've been looking around on the net, and something like a maxpedition condor 2 or a bergans sport alpin makes more sense to me.
i will still keep the response pak.
after i got the bright idea of carrying it on my left side, instead of on the back, its actually very accessible.

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
i just saw a youtube review of the sabercat.
and it seems it have the same problem as a norrøna kongsvoll pack i have.
its just to big to use as belt carry or hipbelt only.
of course it can be used with shoulder straps, but i think a 30l backpack would be faster, easier and more practical.

Yes. Beyond a certain weight anything you have on belt around your waist is going to 'move' quite abit , hence why webbing has a yoke , but as you've said mayaswell go straight for a small backpack.

Bigfoot

Settler
Jul 10, 2010
Scotland
Why not opt for a gearslinger type pack rather than a large and awkward waistpack? They will hold what you need and are very readily accessible. Not cheap though.

I have a Maxpedition Malaga, which is a nice little daypack and can be expanded by adding pockets etc if required.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE