Unpleasant taste from my water bottle

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Tiley

Life Member
Oct 19, 2006
Gloucestershire
Short answer is no. It will fit the us issue metal mug. If I were you I would stick with the cleaning routine and see how you get on. There's always orange powder to take away the taste!
OR- keep buying sets of mugs and bottles until you are satisfied!!!!!
I have settled with the surplus Dutch army bottle and mug. It is a slightly smaller combo than the others and fits better into a lot of slimmer pouches.
Sorry for opening the can of worms!

Mmmmm - worms... Now there's a good source of protein...

I've tried one cleaning method but might give the steradent route a go if that fails. I'm not sure I can be bothered to keep on trying a range of options; getting used to the slightly odd (unpleasant!) taste might be the easiest option!

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
Mmmmm - worms... Now there's a good source of protein...

I've tried one cleaning method but might give the steradent route a go if that fails. I'm not sure I can be bothered to keep on trying a range of options; getting used to the slightly odd (unpleasant!) taste might be the easiest option!

If you can taste manky plastic in your water, I'd say there's a reason for that, and it seems apparent to me that you're getting something in you that shouldn't be there from the water. Not for me, given the cheap alternatives for making sure you're getting good clean water. Just my take on it :)

Tiley

Life Member
Oct 19, 2006
Gloucestershire
If you can taste manky plastic in your water, I'd say there's a reason for that, and it seems apparent to me that you're getting something in you that shouldn't be there from the water. Not for me, given the cheap alternatives for making sure you're getting good clean water. Just my take on it :)

Even when the water is freshly drawn from a tap, it tastes fine the moment you put it in; after a while, though, the taste gremlins loom large and it is pretty unpleasant. The bicarb/lemon juice work OK but I think I might give the Steradent option a whirl to see if it has a more lasting effect...

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE