Unique BK Aurochs knife - "the king"

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Here it is, a new BK unique – this time the Aurochs.
Aurochs – the king – featuring the king of all animals, the lion itself in a simple yet stylish manner to make from this capable bush knife also a nice piece of art.
The Aurochs blade is made out of our high carbon “tungsten-vanadium” O1 tools steel with a razor sharp scandi zero grind.
The ergonomic handle is made out using white Corian and black v fiber for a classy contrast and finished to a very fine luster. As an ivory alternative the Corian is well suited for scrimshaw so here it is – the king. The engraving itself took many hours as you might already think of – it is not easy to scratch each and every strand of hair and a lion has many of them for sure :)
The sheath is made out of 4 mm thick vegetable tanned ox leather, hand carved and painted to match the knife’s motif.
As to be a well presented gift I designed a matching presentation case; it is made out of massive pine wood, hand painted in lime like white/black colors, with an archaic look to remind of the African tribes paintings. The case is secured with a natural black leather strap and padded with natural black suede leather.

The price for the whole kit is 200 GBP (shipping and Paypal fees included)

Thanks for watching!

1branded.jpg

2branded.jpg

3branded.jpg

5branded.jpg

All the best,
Bogdan

Last edited:

HillBill

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 1, 2008
W. Yorkshire
You call it Aurochs, but carve a lion into it? Aurochs are a type of cattle....The carving doesn't match the name.

The work is nice though. :)

Ferret75

Life Member
Sep 7, 2014
Derbyshire
Its always a risk using black and white as it can show the smallest blemishes or faults, especially in 3 dimensional work. But all I can see from these photos are fantastic clean lines and contours! Great work again Bogdan!

Since your suggested name isn't engraved on the case or blade you can simply 'Re-christen' it mate! For 'King' maybe something with Regus, Regis or Rex... I'm sure there must be more suggestions too. Whatever you name it, its still going to make a beautiful knife for some lucky buyer.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Thank you all boys for your kind comments!
@HillBill - Just to make a little more light related to the name of this one; I decided to call it "the king" for the engraved lion as for the "Aurochs" is simply knife's name due to its intended qualities and it does not mean that represents an aurochs ;)
Just as a joke, if my last name would be Wood - would this mean that i should represent some sort of timber ?! :D

All the best,
Bogdan

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE