Unexpected visitor.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

quietone

May 29, 2011
Wales
Hey chaps and lasses. I've not posted on here for a while, though I do lurk. Just had to share this. We visited a favourite stretch of sand a couple days ago, and we had just tucked into lunch. I felt eyes on me, and glanced over my shoulder, and not 3 feet away was a fox. It took three verbal attempts to get the other half to turn her head, as what I suggested was a little far fetched. It was quite an experience, never seen one up close, for so long. It stayed around us for half an hour, coming up close to take food from my hand. It was in very good condition, pristine in fact. It took food very gently, not greedy or snappy like a dog can be.
I will treasure the encounter, thats for sure. Very trusting, and relaxed, so maybe it knows just how to manipulate an audience for it's own gain. I think it must have already some experience of kinder human folk. I was not complaining though. I did enquire at the local national trust site, but they had not heard of a friendly fox.
DSCN1079.jpg

DSCN1081.jpg

DSCN1070.jpg

DSCN1082.jpg

DSCN1047.jpg

Gaudette

Aug 24, 2012
Cambs
Lovely looking fox a young un me thinks. A lot more handsome than the ropey one that hangs around ours.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Corso

Aug 13, 2007
none
we have several

2 that visit my garden when the cats aren't about

another that follows me home past the wood if the roads quiet enough

and a third I see regularly using the pedestrian bridge at the local train station

they are so unfazed these days I fully expect to find on in the house one day

Fraxinus

Settler
Oct 26, 2008
Canterbury
Nice encounter, I see foxes quite often where I am working but never that close to.
A while back we had a fox hiding under my van, he/she was looking pretty worn out and as it was early morning I decided to let him/her be for a while before calling the RSPCA.
A few hours later and the fox had recovered enough to go on it's way. Not sure why it was so exhausted but leaving it be seemed to be the right thing to do.

Arya

Settler
May 15, 2013
Norway
What a beauty! Good thing you were carrying something to take photos with!
Thanks for sharing :)

Leshy

Jun 14, 2016
Wiltshire
Brilliant! What a great experience to be this close to such an elusive creature.
I don't think many would have believed you , had you not taken pictures.
Good job!
👍

Trotsky

we have several

2 that visit my garden when the cats aren't about

another that follows me home past the wood if the roads quiet enough

and a third I see regularly using the pedestrian bridge at the local train station

they are so unfazed these days I fully expect to find on in the house one day

My dad had one appear once in the house he used to live in outside of Harstad in Norway. They had at least 3 foxes living in the woods on the hill above the house, they would come down for scraps regularly and one day when my dad was in alone he got that "I'm not alone" feeling as he was making a coffee. He turned around slowly and the fox was looking at him from the doorway between the kitchen and washroom. It too was so tame that it took food from his hand. I never got that close but, I saw them from a few feet away several times. It was one of the bits of local wildlife you didn't mind finding in the garden, the moose we weren't so keen on!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE