un-installing internet explorer???

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Mar 14, 2012
uk
for you who know you tech stuff any idea how to un-install internet explorer on a windows 7 laptop i believe it is windows 7 professional please dont just say leave it it doesnt take much space as it is messing up my printing and the whole internet explorer program is corrupt!
goodjob microsoft!

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
First thing to do is reinstall IE, on Windows 7 Ultimate I'm running IE9 and its very stable, if your on W7, upgrade IE first. I rarely use it as I prefer Chrome but it does work fine.

If thats no help come and tell us what version of Windows your using. Also have your run your up to date virus and spyware checker?

cave_dweller

Nomad
Apr 9, 2010
Vale of Glamorgan
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/957700

How useful the above link is will depend on which version of IE you have, and which version your Operating System install had originally.

Personally I would try downloading and install an alternative browser (say, Firefox or Chrome) before attempting to remove IE, 'cos that can get messy.

If your problems persist with a different browser, the chances are that it wasn't IE to blame in the first place.

Mar 14, 2012
uk
have now disabled internet explorer (thanks cavedweller for the link ;D) shall test tomorrow or probably Wednesday as that is the next time i will need to use the affected printer!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE