Ultra light hammock - has anyone used?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Jaeger

Dec 3, 2014
United Kingdom
Aye Up,

I've been using one of those as a comfortable, off-ground obs platform for years and as an occasional back-up to my usual ground living set up for instances where I need to pitch on a steep slope or over marshy ground.
I see it as a temp option as opposed to a regular one and it scrunges up not much bigger than a baseball so no carriage/weight issues.

In the warmer months I don't use a doss bag just a softie jacket and trousers (For me - hammock, plus doss bag, plus quick exit required = aaargh! :lmao:)

I've used it twice in each of the above instances and it has worked fine so long as you create a spreader bar (I used a green branch, a couple of inches in diameter and with a slot cut in each end to splay the net strands out. It makes the hammock a bit more comfortable and stops you ending up like a salami hanging in a butchers shop!

I've also used it beneath a tarp to spread out a damp inner clothing layer for drying off before hitting the sack - and as some have stated, as a gear hanger.

DSCF7563.jpg DSCF7600.jpg Hammock Dryer.jpg

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE