UL gear for long week in remote Scottish hills?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
I'm really liking the Pacer Poles I picked up a couple of months ago Paul, a slightly different way of walking but really good for powering up those long climbs. I went for the ally ones as I thought they'd stand up to knocks a bit better than carbon, plus I'll be using them with my Trailstar when it finally gets here.

Paul_B

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 14, 2008
Cumbria
Trailstar? MLD are supposed to be really good tarp and tarptent manufacturers. I know of a guy selling a Patrol Tent and inner nest too which I am seriously thinking of. In SPinntex which is between Sil-nylons and cuben fibre in weight. What are you getting your's made up out of? Cuben fibre by any chance??

Let us know how you get on with your Trailstar. Its a shaped tarp with a mesh inner IIRC. Good design and a newer design than the old patrol tent. However I can't really afford a full price MLD "tent" system so secondhand is as good as I can get. MLD stuff doesn't come up for re-sale that often. Still the sub-300g patrol is still pretty good too.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Trailstar? MLD are supposed to be really good tarp and tarptent manufacturers. I know of a guy selling a Patrol Tent and inner nest too which I am seriously thinking of. In SPinntex which is between Sil-nylons and cuben fibre in weight. What are you getting your's made up out of? Cuben fibre by any chance??

Let us know how you get on with your Trailstar. Its a shaped tarp with a mesh inner IIRC. Good design and a newer design than the old patrol tent. However I can't really afford a full price MLD "tent" system so secondhand is as good as I can get. MLD stuff doesn't come up for re-sale that often. Still the sub-300g patrol is still pretty good too.

MLD only build the Trailstar in Sil otherwise I think I would have shelled out that bit extra for cuben, I read somewhere that it's because cuben doesn't give and stretch enough to get a taught pitch. Hopefully it should be landing here in a couple of weeks so I'll be heading for the Lakes a.s.a.p :)

bilmo-p5

Jul 5, 2010
west yorkshire
... my Trailstar ...

I am green!

The Traistar's had me dribbling over my keyboard since I first set eyes on it.

Skint just now, tho'.
emoticon-00101-sadsmile.gif

One day ...

Paul_B

Jul 14, 2008
Cumbria
Hopefully it should be landing here in a couple of weeks so I'll be heading for the Lakes a.s.a.p :)

Take some pictures when you go and post them. I really want to see one in the flesh. Lakes is kinda my patch for wildcamping living on the edge of it like I do. Where do you think you might go? If around I might pop round and take a sneaky peek at it. If that's not too cheeky of course. Will of course move on to my own pitch and leave you in peace. Just want a look as I might go MLD way myself with a new one at some point. Better spending £300 on one of their stuff than on a Laser Comp IMHO.

I'm looking for other ways to lighten my load. A 600g+ tarp and 300g Rab SZ is getting me down. I need a lighter option. Still thinking the patrol shelter in spinn with a bug nest would be good for Scotland and without the nest for Lakes.

JAG009

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 20, 2010
Under your floor
What about this tarp Integral Designs
SilTarp 1 200g at about 50 quid and MSR E-Bivy Fast and Light Bivi Bag 250g 80 quid

Jason

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE