UKTV G2 - being renamed as "Dave"...

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Jodie

Native
Aug 25, 2006
London
www.google.co.uk
UKTV G2, which regularly shows a number of Ray Mears series, is apparently to be
renamed Dave in order to align itself better to its core audience of 16-34 year old men.

More on this fascinating development at BBC News:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/7005061.stm

UKTV G2 is currently showing, Bushcraft, Extreme Survival, Wild Food and World of
Survival - but it's not on Freeview.

The captions to the accompanying photos are quite amusing:
http://uktv.co.uk/documentary/gallery/aid/592184

mayfly

Life Member
May 25, 2005
Switzerland
It says in the blurb it will be on Freeview when it re-launches which is good. Mind you, Auntie paying someone to come up with Dave as a name for a channel is pretty laughable :lmao:

Chris

Cobweb

Native
Aug 30, 2007
South Shropshire
3369.jpg

Ray Mears is well hard. Do not mess.

:lmao:

Love it :D

andyn

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 15, 2005
Hampshire
www.naturescraft.co.uk
Having a channel called "Dave" is a lot less laughable as the contents coming out of the new channel "Nuts TV"

All these new channels popping up, yet still nothing worth while watching on the damn thing.

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
The head of Dave, Steven North, said: "Changing the channel name to Dave enables us to create a strong and noisy personality for the channel that immediately aligns us with our core 16-34 male audience."

:headbang:

[Disclaimer: I do not watch UKTVG2]

SOAR

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 21, 2007
cheshire
Not sure it will catch on with other channels or not! But its pretty funny, think it will become a bit normal after a while and loose its comedy appeal. Still, it sounds mad saying to someone that "you will be watching Ray Mears on Dave later." EERRMM.

Simon.

Jodie

Native
Aug 25, 2006
London
www.google.co.uk
Am pleased it's joining Freeview!

On the topic of Daves, my friend Helen seems to have an awful lot of friends called Dave,
subdivided into people called Small Dave and Big Dave (I chuckled when I read in a book
of a character called Medium Dave). "Small" was a Dave who'd lost the Dave part of his
name.

Anyway, one day a few of us were in a pub when my friend Nick returned from the gents
looking a bit sheepish. Apparently he'd bumped into Small in the loos and heard himself
say, by way of introduction as they stood next to each other, "It's Small, isn't it?" :lmao:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE