Uk supplier of Polarpure?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

pteron

Acutorum Opifex
Nov 10, 2003
Wiltshire
pteron.org
I've been reading my old editions of Bushcraft magazine and was impressed by Stuart's write up on Polarpure. I want some, but Andrew at Outdoorcode is not answering the phone. Anyone know of another supplier in the UK or in the US with reasonable postage costs to here?

Thanks

JohnC

Jun 28, 2005
Edinburgh
I contacted Polar Equipment on questions@polarequipment.com
and they said....

Dear John,

Thank you for your question.

As far as we know, Outdoor Code (listed on our website) is the only retailer currently
selling Polar Pure in the UK. I do not know if the other online retailers listed ship
outside of the US. Is Outdoor Code the company that you contacted? If so, what was the
trouble with ordering?

You can order directly from us but the cost would be more than $15. Shipping will be
much more expensive and we require payment in US funds before shipment. We are not set
up to handle credit cards so payment would have to be wired to our bank from you. If you
would like for us to check into the approximate cost, we need an exact shipping address
so that we can look into the most economical shipping method. We will also need to know
how many bottles you would like. It would probably be more economical for you to order
more than one bottle and share the cost of shipping and wire transfer fees with someone
else.

Please let us know if you have any other questions or would like assistance with an order.

Thank you,
Ted Wallace, Polar Equipment, Inc.

Hope this may help, it may be that a group buy would be an economical way of doing this if there was enough interest...

JohnC

Jun 28, 2005
Edinburgh
Now!!
I don't know if there is enough interest for a group buy, most folk have seemed ok with Milbank/boiling, I did wonder if this was the kind of thing you could make yourself?? (always been a bit wary of chemicals)

SMARTY

Nomad
May 4, 2005
UAE
www.survivalwisdom.com
I ordered Polar pure from Outdoor code some months ago. I phoned to speak to them over the delay, and was told it would be sent again. Still waiting. But as far as I know they are the only UK supplier of polar pure. It is probably quicker to get it imorted from the US.

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
Ron Hood has a number of videos out, and he mentions making a version of this with a small dose pill bottle in glass and adding the chemical crystals, iodine of some sort to the bottle. Basically, you then top up with water and shake until the water is a saturated solution of the crystals, which is then added to your drinking water. The crystals stay in the bottle for the next dose. Eventually, the crystals will be dissolved to nothing, but it will take a lot of bottles purified to get to that stage.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE