UK source for unbleached linen?

tombear

On a new journey
Jul 9, 2004
Rossendale, Lancashire
After trawling the charity shops and carboots for table clothes to cut up I've finally given up and am resigned to having to buy some from a proper shop/dealer.

I am looking for some heavy weight unbleached linen to make a hunting shirt out of and something lighter to make a pull over style shirt to go under that.

All the sites catering for the renactment market I've found so far are in the US but I'd rather go on the recomendations of members this forum,. Idealy a source in the UK that's cheap! I vaguely remember asking a similar question a while back but have lost the details of the replies.

Thanks!

Tom

robin wood

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Oct 29, 2007
derbyshire
www.robin-wood.co.uk

tombear

On a new journey
Jul 9, 2004
Rossendale, Lancashire
Cheers, just the job!

I'm afraid my inability to filter or phrase things right meant google was just pulling up sites offering me Irish linen knapkins at about 35 quid a pop!

I need a nice evening project that doesn't involve smelly glues, noisy power tools or creating clouds of dust, so I'm told.

Also it freaks people out when a large hairy man starts doing needle work on the train! ;)

ATB

Tom

tombear

On a new journey
Jul 9, 2004
Rossendale, Lancashire
Excellent!, I never knew it was there! We periodicaly go near them to the army stores on Thornton road as my parents now live not far from there in Bradford.

You can get 5 free samples off of them so I have requested the 5 most likely candidates for what I want to do. I've also asked if they could match a couple of samples from a American supplier who turned out to be prohibitively expensive (I should have guessed when they wanted the equivilent of 3 quid for 2 tiny samples!).

Cheers no doubt I will inflict pics on you all when I have the items made up.

ATB

Tom

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE